Sunday, March 15, 2009

Top ten newsies

I swear we start the week and then all of a sudden we are finishing a Sunday afternoon and starting a new week! And here I am realizing that I haven't updated for quite a while. Not that anything too exciting has happened, but it's crazy how fast time is going! So here is what we have been doing and some thoughts as of yet. Top ten things I can think of at almost 11:00pm and don't get excited...they are a bit random:

1. I begin my last 3 weeks of school tomorrow!!! I can't believe it! This semester has gone so quick! I will have 21 days left of school on Thursday and then I will be a college graduate! I am really excited to finish my degree because this has been a goal of mine.

2. I have also decided that when I go back to school (which definitely won't be until Richard starts graduate school and much more likely not until he is a professor because it will be FREE) I want to go a masters and maybe even a PhD because I LOVE to learn. I am thinking that I might want to be a professor too at some point (obviously when the kids are out of the house) because I also love to teach. Now the tough decision will be deciding what subject I want to study!!

3. I have learned to de-stress enough about school that I am really enjoying the simple fact of gaining knowledge and not worrying too much about grades. It makes such a huge difference! I really have noticed a dramatic difference.

4. I am starting to make a list of things I want to do when school is over and the books that I want to read and it includes: working in the temple at least twice a week; reading books on economics, philosophy, psychology, the classics etc.; doing family history; indexing; scrapbooking; learning to sew; start up a quilt etc. etc.

5. Now that the snow is melting and it is not like 10 degrees I am getting SOO excited for the spring and especially the summer!! It is WAY over due.

6. On that note, I am getting so much more excited that we only have one more winter in Idaho and then we will be off to graduate school and hopefully somewhere more warm!

7. Holy cow, this time change has really messed with us more than any other! For some reason this year losing the hour was a lot harder for us and maybe it's because our classes are earlier so it feels like so much earlier than it should be. We really need to get our schedule back on.

8. I have an amazing husband. I had a super busy Saturday that started early and I had a lot of things to do. There was an enrichment that morning that I had to help at (it was so fun!) and then had to be somewhere like an hour later and knew I probably wouldn't have time to clean the house later. I just had given up the expectation that I would deep clean the house this week (even though I do every week). But I came home after the enrichment and Richard had completely cleaned the entire house and it looked amazing! He is so wonderful!

9. We had a really neat experience this week with the blessings of tithing and just reiterates my testimony of it! I am still overwhelmed with gratitude and maybe if I get time later this week I will post about it.

10. And last but not least, I have been wanting to write a post about this whole "Big Love" temple session fiasco. arrgghhhh. The thing that is the most disturbing to me is that something so sacred and special is being put out to the public and you know that they won't present it in the "respectful and sacred way" that they said they would in the apology (so thats not verbatium, but I can't remember the exact wording they gave). All I can hope and pray for is that people will see it and be curious and turn to members of the church with questions so they can get REAL answers. It's funny because when we lived in WA I was totally used to people making jabs at the church and it hardly phased me. But now that I have been in the bubble for almost 2 years, it's a lot harder when people say mean things about the church because I don't hear jabbing/rude comments anymore. And with that, we have been talking about where we want to end up (the professor route gives us more choice about where we end up as compared to seminary teaching) and have been discussing the whole: "missionary field" vs. the bubble. We were both raised in the "missionary field" (aka: not in Utah or Idaho) and wondering if now days the cons out weigh the pros. Luckily we have 5 more years until we have to make a solid choice :)

OK now I am just rambling. It is time for my bedtime. I love Sunday naps, but they can throw off my schedule. hmmmm. They are too wonderful to get away with though! :)

1 comment:

Rwwadsworth said...

that was a great blog sweetheart-- I love you-- Richard