Up until I got home from school this afternoon, my day was great! I had two really interesting classes and I was ready to come home to a nice lunch and start working on a project I was excited to finish.
Boy was I in for a surprise.
I came home and as I was setting my bag down next to our door, somehow my finger scraped against the door frame and a CHUNK of wood about as long and as thick as a toothpick broke off and jammed into my ring finger about 3/4ths into my finger nail!! It hurt like heck and I looked down to see what happened. In my panic I tried to pull it out and that only broke it off so that NOTHING was sticking out anymore. Then I realized this wasn't going to be an easy fix. Richard is a natural surgeon/doctor and preceded to scour the house to find some "operation tools" after he realized that since it was so deep that he was going to have to cut away skin or nail to get to it. That's when I realized as well, it was not going to be a simple procedure. When he starts finding sewing needles and taking apart his razors to get the blades, I know pain is involved. I am ok with pain but I HATE it. So he starts attempting to dig away at it and that is when I start to freak out. and cry. And I never cry, but this hurt SOOO bad! Our poor neighbors were probably really wondering what was going on over here! :) So after about an hour of trying to get it out, resorting to having me watch the newest episode of Biggest Loser on Hulu to distract me (which doesn't work), we realized we had a group project to go to. Eventually we got home and realized that more drastic measures were necessary. So our plan was that Richard would cut away the nail above the wood (which would entail cutting down half of my nail!!!) and then scraping it out...As I am sure you can guess, I was SOO scared. So we start and that hurts even worse. Eventually we figure out a way to do it that would be a little less painful and he starts to scrap it out. It was fine until he realized the only way it was going to come out was to lift it up and pull it out. Simple? HORRIBLE!! He starts to lift it up and I freak. There was no way that would work. So after a section of my nail has been cut out and I am bleeding with a hollowed out piece of wood in my finger, we decide there is not much more we can do. I think after all that, we will have to go to the doctor anyways. Unless by some miracle it just decides to evacute my finger. But as unrealistic as that is, I am still praying that's what happens. I wish I had a picture of it, but I have been in horrible pain from beginning until now. Luckily cutting the top of my nail off relieved some of the pressure. My day went from wonderful to painful and horrible in seconds! Good thing I have a husband who is so calm and good at things like this!! And I hope that yoga isn't more painful than relaxing cause I have some stress from this little episode I would love to get rid of! It's amazing how tired you get after intense pain! argh...I think tonight is a Milky Way candy bar night...a KING SIZE Milky way night...
So neighbors, if you heard crying and wimpering, this is why! haha...
6 comments:
Sorry about your finger! I have had slivers go under my nail and that hurts like crazy, so i can imagine how bad that hurt!!! No worries, we didn't hear a peep! These walls are really well insulated!! I hope you feel better!
Yuck! I was squirming the whole time I was reading this. Did you get it out on your own or did you go to the doctor? Ooh, I am still queezy. That must have hurt like h***! HaHa I hope you got it fixed and it doesn't hurt anymore.
Oh Yucky! I almost threw up reading that, but I wanted to know how it ended! Let us know when you get that bugger out! Good luck! and I hope you enjoyed your milky way!
that's the worst. I think finger tips have the most nerves...so I can imagine how bad that was hurting. I hope your milky way helped though: ) they always seem to help me: )
Plus, I think we'll have a pres. meeting this friday after you get out of class if that'll work for you. Thanks.
Oh and thanks for commenting on my scentsy party. We'd love for you to come. There are some really good new smells too: )
See facebook...haha
OUCH! Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment