Saturday, March 21, 2009

I heart today.

Today has definitely been an awesome day!!! It started last night though. We went over to Richard's cousin house and had their yummy pizza with them! It was a lot of fun while we ate their awesome pizza and talked. Then we came back to our house earlier than we would have liked because Richard had to study for a test he was taking the next day. It is one of his last tests for this class and if he got a good grade, he would secure a high A, which is always nice. So while he studied I decided I wanted to break out of my shell of Saturday deep clean and completely cleaned our house.

This morning I was able to sleep in (well at least until 9...but it was still nice) and while Richard studied I decided that I would also do homework. But I felt like I should do some more family history. So I found a name of a guy where our line stops and just typed his name into google. I found several websites that gave me like 4 more generations and then a book about his family from the first person into America (in 1630)! It was so exciting because I learned that that family line was a very prominant family in Salem, MA from 1630 until 1779 and one of Richard's ancestors lived in Salem around the same time! Weird. Richard left for his test as I started and without realizing I had spent the whole time finding family members but it was so much fun because if I find out that they are new to our family history, this means more temple work that we can do!

When Richard came home we both had exciting news. I was way too excited to tell him about my family history find and he had better news that he had gotten 100% on his test!! I think he is the only person that has gotten 100% in his class on any test! That was exciting...and probably more exciting than my family history find. Now I can see why Richard teasingly tells me that I am like a grandma who gets just as excited about doing family history, going to the temple, being a temple worker as other things people my age get excited about. I think it's true.

After he got home we went to the temple and I had probably the most amazing temple experience of my life. It was so wonderful and I am SO glad we went. It was definitely top 3 most special experiences. When we came home I went to my friend's Scentsy party and bought 3 amazing new scents for the summer as my pre-birthday gift. They smell AWESOME and I can't wait for them to come! I bought the scents Havana Cabana, Perfectly Pomegranate and Coconut Lemongrass! My house is going to smell awesome.

As I was coming back home from the party, I saw this note on my front door:
My husband is the most adorable thing ever. Last night he mentioned he wanted to plan a date and so he was secretly planning this. I walked in and all the lights were off, there was beautiful music playing and a foot bath waiting. He gave me a pedicure (it was so cute to watch him paint my toes and he did a great job), made me an absolutely divine dinner while my feet soaked, gave me a full body massage and then I took a 30 minute nap afterwards. It was so cute!! I love coming home to surprises like that where he pampers me and makes me feel so special. We still get to get a Jamba juice and watch a movie (I just have to wait for him to finish some homework)! We are also going to do the dance, but probably another day because it was a little late by the time we were finished with everything else. I love Richard so much and how special he makes me feel. He is the best ever. EVER.

Then the explanation point on this great day was just about 30 minutes ago. We were sitting down for family scripture study and Richard glanced at my finger. First off, after Tuesday and the 3 hours we spent trying to dig the last parts of the sliver from my finger, we decided to wait it out and see what happened. We thought if nothing happened we would go to the doctor, but I did in fact pray that it would just come out. Silly I know, but a shot near the wood sounded like the last thing in the world I would want, especially having had my finger assulted with everything sharp in our house. Ok back to today. He noticed that somehow, the wood had been pushed up and was totally accessable! In just 5 minutes he pulled the entire thing out!!!!!!! I was so excited! I had decided that instead of having a shot and a doctor do more painful procedure, I would settle with a black thing in my nail for the rest of my life. So the little bugger is gone and my prayer was answered!

Seriously, today has been awesome! I LOVE my life. and everything about it.

1 comment:

Cass said...

Kens someday I hope to have a heart day like yours...! Umm P.S. What is scentsy?