Monday, June 27, 2011

7 1/2 month update

Yeah um, don't even get me started about time going fast. I realized that almost every post either includes that sentence or is about that. But before I move on, really?! Only 67 more days until my due date?! 
Crazy...
Anyways, newest development from this month is I am definitely starting to ache more as my belly and little princess get bigger. I realized why though. I carry really low (like as low as people when the baby drops) so carrying so low puts a lot of pressure on my lower back. Plus I am constantly (and I am not joking) on my feet taking care of, chasing after and playing with Liam. When I am not doing that, I am cleaning the house (someone has to keep up on it). By the end of the day I hurt so bad from hardly sitting more than a combined total of an hour all day, that I fall on to the couch after Liam goes to bed and only get up if I have to! haha :) Also, because I am so incredibly active from chasing after Liam and never sitting down, I am starting to get a couple varicose veins. But I am not surprised. My mom who had 8 kids also had them for the same reason. It definitely takes a bigger toll on your body when you are growing a baby AND chasing one around at the same time! 

I had my 28 week appointment a while back and as normal, everything looks great! My weight is perfect, tummy measures right on, blood pressure is low (my doctor mentioned I will probably be one of those people who live to 100 cause it's always really low...), her heart beat was great etc. I also did the routine check for gestational diabetes and I passed with flying colors, which was nice and so relieving! Crazy thing is it was almost exactly the same this time as when I was checked at 28 weeks with Liam! The reason I was relieved--Since Liam was 9 1/2 pounds on his due date and I never had a problem with my blood sugar, I was glad it was perfect because girls who have problems with their blood sugar have huge babies...so already having huge babies + gestational diabetes could have resulted in a near 12 pound baby....yeah can you see why I was relieved it was perfect?!

I am getting SO excited to meet her!! She already seems so sweet and good. I was telling Richard the other day that she moves as much as Liam (which says a lot), but her movements are less like a boxer practicing like Liam (haha) but like she is dancing! I noticed that difference between them before we found out her gender and it's interesting to see that she still moves like that. She is getting to the point that when she jumps or moves her whole body it will move my WHOLE belly! She also gets the hiccups a lot, which is so cute :)

I have also started to get braxton hicks once and awhile, like I did with Liam. I still get the occasional heart burn at night but is totally manageable with some tums, which is nice. And I have no new stretch marks than the few I got with Liam in my last week of his pregnancy (9 1/2+ pound baby on a petite 5 ft. 4in. frame will do that to you), even though I am so big. People regularly ask me if I am due in July and are stunned (like their jaw drops...literally) when I tell them I am due the 2nd of Sept. I am starting to get scared of how much bigger I am going to get in the next 10 weeks! I am bigger now than I was with Liam at the same point. O boy...

Well, that is all for now! So yeah things with this pregnancy are going great, SO excited to meet her in 2 months + a week and hoping times goes fast because I can't wait to hold my sweet little princess. 

Photobucket

p.s. sorry for a post full of writing and only 1 picture. Boring I know. I have several more belly pictures, but I am not sure you want to see the same thing from different angles :)

1 comment:

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

You look GREAT! Of course! It's all belly and no where else. Miss you guys!