In honor of fathers day (I know I am late), I wanted to write a post about what an amazing father Richard is. He honestly blows me away constantly at his patience, love, adoration, consistency, and good example he sets for Liam. He is always playing with him, teaching Liam how to have fun. He is always teaching him, whether it's how to throw a ball, how to say a word or that he is a Son of God while we read scriptures or have FHE. He is always smiling, kissing or hugging him, showing Liam that he loves him more than life itself. He is always consistent and loving at the same time in his discipline, teaching Liam healthy boundaries. In every interaction he has with Liam, he is incredibly loving, patient and just down right perfect. Our little boy (and all our other children) is the luckiest to have him as a daddy.
"There is no other relationship quite like that which can and should exist between a boy and his dad. It can be
one of the most nurturing, joyful relationships in life, one that can have a profound
impact on who boys become and also on who dads become.” --M. Russell Ballard
See that shirt he is wearing? Liam and I (well mostly Liam) made that for his Fathers Day present! Liam got a little paint happy after we did his hand prints and the packet of letters I bought only had 1 D (I ideally wanted it to say Best Dad), but he loved it. It was so cute...he liked it so much he wore it for 2 days straight! Not only is he an amazing father, but he definitely proud to be a father and realizes that it is the most wonderful think ever! He sure sets a perfect example of what a dad should be like to our little man.
And can you blame him? Liam adores and loves that man. More than his little heart can express.










2 comments:
I love Richards shirt! Soooo fun! I can't believe how big Liam is. We miss you guys!
Love this post. Richard really is such a good dad. I noticed that when he first played with emyri and your baby shower for liam a long time ago. He would show emyri all these things and teach her about how they worked and different things. I thought, man, I should do that more too. He is a great dad, as are you a great mommy! love you guys: )
Post a Comment