Thursday, June 9, 2011

waiting patiently.

Liam is in the middle of "falling" asleep for his nap right now (which today consists of silly noises, jabbering and jumping in his bed...he's been so hyper all day it's adorable) and so instead of laying in my bed trying to fall asleep with those background noises, I thought I would write a quick blog. I don't really have anything particular to say, no pictures to upload (I am saving all the ones I have taken of Liam in the past couple days for his 16 month update I am working on) and no real direction. But I haven't written for awhile so until I hear silence on my end of his monitor, I want to write. Who knows where this will go...
1. I am excited for dinner tonight! We are having the copy-cat version of Bajio's sweet pork salads and I can't wait! There are SO many different recipes out there for the different components so I did a lot of searching for what I think will be the best. The sweet pork is coming from my sister-in-law (I don't think she would appreciate me linking her facebook note where it's posted, so I will share it later if it is good), the cilantro-lime rice and black beans from here and the lime-cilantro dressing from here. I can't wait! Nothing like making food from your favorite restaurant for a fraction of the price.
2. I wish Idaho would shape up and give us summer. Our town seems to have a 2 for 1 going on right now. 2 nasty days for 1 nice day. Come on. It's June. Enough already. I have so many cool photo shoots running through my mind and they are on hold until this weather shapes up....argh.
3. I am not sure I am feeling my blog header. I have a cute idea but it requires a family photo shoot which will happen as soon as our camera remote comes in the mail! I am so excited (best $10 investment). It's nice to save $70+ on family pictures when you have your own nice camera!
4. Liam is changing SO much! He isn't my little boy anymore and it breaks my heart. I was looking at his newborn pictures the other day and I almost wanted to CRY!! I miss HIM as a baby so much. I cannot wait to have another one (I am soooo excited), but sometimes I wish I could go back in time and cuddle him as a newborn. But I have to say, this age is DEFINITELY my favorite! He has so much personality, so much spunk, and we are best buddy pals ever. I love it.
5. Confession: I have become o.b.s.e.s.s.e.d. with Mindy Gledhill! She has the coolest voice, style etc...in fact, if I could look like, sound like and be like (in that she seems so happy and optimistic) someone, she just might be creeping into my top 10 list. Another confession: most times her channel on youtube.com is playing while I am cleaning or cooking! 
Here are 3 of my favorites (it was hard to choose). 



Well, little mans monitor is silent, which means, it is time for this mommy to take a nap. mmm....

Photobucket

No comments: