Tuesday, March 9, 2010

White Bean Chili with Chicken

I LOVE this recipe. It's quick, easy and so yummy. I love cilantro and it was when I tasted this recipe at my grandmas that I was introduced to it's divinity! ;) Enjoy!

White Bean Chili with Chicken

1 Medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 c. chicken broth
2 cans Great Northern white beans
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced (note: we LOVE cilantro so I usually at least double this)
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 1/4 tsp cumin
2 tbsp corn starch
2 c. cooked chicken cubed

--Heat oil and cook the onions and garlic. Stir in everything up until the corn starch. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes covered
--Combine separately water and corn starch. Add to the mixture while stirring in a circular motion. Add the chicken and cook for 10 more minutes.

note: You can make this and eat it right away, but with the flavors it is even better if you let it sit for awhile before eating it. It is the best if you let it sit for a couple hours and heat it up before you eat it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Maia said...

Hey McKenna!
I was in operettas with Richard and have been enjoying reading your blog i found on your facebook...=) I LOOOVE this recipe! I have one similar and its called the same thing and you do it in the crock pot and i think the cooking all day and sitting like you said makes the cilantro taste sooo yummy in it!!
CONGRATS on your beautiful boy by the way! =) he is sooo handsome...and chubby babies are great way to go!I was 9 lb 15 sooo i am sure you know what my mom went thru! =)