I have been thinking lately about my spirituality. With a son who I know is a very special spirit with a very special purpose in life, I have a great responsibility to be a good example to him and to teach him. One of the most important things I can teach him is the gospel. When he gets older I can teach him about the scriptures and the gospel, we can read the scriptures together and pray together. I kept thinking about the things I can do with him when he is older. But I realized the other day that I need to start some good habits so that even from his young age he can see my example and begin learning from that. Honestly, since January I haven't been very good at reading my scriptures. I was just so caught up in preparing for Liam's arrival and being super pregnant and then since the beginning of February I have been swamped with taking care of him. Then I realized that one of the most important things I could do for him by reading my scriptures was taking very much a back burner. I want to be like my mom who I would always catch reading her scriptures when she would have a moment free. That was such a great example to me.
So I am giving myself a challenge.
I am going to finish the Book of Mormon by June 4th.
That's 11 weeks to read the entire Book of Mormon.
And 7 pages a day.
And I want to challenge ANYONE who wants to do it with me!!
I figured that this would be a great way to jump start my new goal of reading the scriptures every day. Every year I finish the Book of Mormon once, but this year I want to read it twice. I have such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and specifically how it brings the spirit into our lives. What a more important time to have the spirit than as a mom. I have decided also that there is no way that I am going to be able to do this unless I do it every day at the same time. So I am going to read when I am nursing because that is something that I will for sure do everyday all through out the day. Instead of blog surfing, recipe searching or anything else I do while I nurse, I am going to increase my spirituality.
You probably wonder why I picked the day June 4th. Well, I have decided to also challenge Richards seminary class to do it with me and that is the day the trimester ends. I figure that if I am challenging people, that will help me do it because how embarrassing would it be if I didn't even do it?? I am so set on doing this so I am challenging those around me AND I am going to be journaling my journey on the blog so that I have someone to hold me accountable for doing it! If you aren't interested it reading my updates about this goal/challenge of mine, I will title all the updates as "B.O.M Challenge: Day __" so that you can skip over them.
If you are interested in doing this with me, make a comment on this post and tell me how many pages you are going to commit to read as well as when you are going to do it everyday.
Well, little man is hungry so let the reading beginning!! :)

3 comments:
I'm in. :)
What a great idea! I'll take a spin off of yours and put my goal date to be done before little Annie makes her arrival (June 23rd). This is something I'm so terrible at so hopefully this will help!
I love it I am in I am challenging myself to be done June 25th (due to a moving I need a little longer) and I am going to read 1st thing in the morning when I get up.
Post a Comment