The neatest thing happened as we were walking into sacrament meeting and continued through out the entire sacrament meeting. As we were walking in we saw our cousin Jenny's husband Travis and he told us there was a rumor that Elder Bednar was sitting in the room where we have sacrament meeting!! And sure enough as we walked in, there was Elder Bednar AND President Clark sitting on the stand!!!!!! I tried as hard as I could not to get star struck (I think it's funny when members of the church get star struck over general authorities) and could not believe that he was sitting in our sacrament meeting room!! Of course all of the seats except the first and second row where filled, so we sat on the second row which landed us about 10 feet away from him!! It was so amazing to hear him speak to us and bear his strong and undeniable testimony of the gospel. I felt the spirit so strong as he was teaching us and I knew that he was an apostle of the Lord. It was incredibly humbling to be in his presence and feel of his spirit. President Clark also addressed us and his spirit was just as strong and powerful. It is such a blessing to know that our church is being led and guided by such amazing men who are truly called of God. I was overwhelmed with gratitude that I am a member of Christ's church that has been established again on the earth and which is led by worthy and amazing men who hold the keys of the priesthood. What an amazing blessing. He taught us some great things, and these are what stood out to me:
1. It doesn't matter if your FHE, family scripture study and family prayers are amazing spiritual moments where your children are listening with undivided attention. He said that when they are young, all that matters is that you HAVE FHE, family scripture study and family prayers. It is the consistancy that matters.
2. He also expounded us on priesthood keys and the importance that they have in the church. It was so neat because he said that there was a holder of every priesthood key in the room and said that truly it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
3. When you have courage and stand against evil, your faith will increase greatly and you will be blessed. We have decided to have courage and make our home more pure and more worthy of the spirit. He blessed us with courage and said that as we do this we could partake in a greater way of the fruits of the gospel.
4. As a wife we need to completely support our husband in his callings in any way that we can because if he does not have my support then he cannot fulfill his calling to the highest degree. He said that wives have a huge impact on quality in which our husbands fulfill their callings.
He talked about other great things, but these are the things that stuck out to me. I wish I would have taken notes, but I really felt that listening and giving him my undivided attention was better. I may not always remember the principles he taught us and the specific apostolic blessing he gave us, but I will always remember the spirit that was there as he testified to us and taught us. I will always remember the feeling and the spirit that came as he presided over our sacrament as an apostle of the Lord. What a great experience!!!
1. It doesn't matter if your FHE, family scripture study and family prayers are amazing spiritual moments where your children are listening with undivided attention. He said that when they are young, all that matters is that you HAVE FHE, family scripture study and family prayers. It is the consistancy that matters.
2. He also expounded us on priesthood keys and the importance that they have in the church. It was so neat because he said that there was a holder of every priesthood key in the room and said that truly it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
3. When you have courage and stand against evil, your faith will increase greatly and you will be blessed. We have decided to have courage and make our home more pure and more worthy of the spirit. He blessed us with courage and said that as we do this we could partake in a greater way of the fruits of the gospel.
4. As a wife we need to completely support our husband in his callings in any way that we can because if he does not have my support then he cannot fulfill his calling to the highest degree. He said that wives have a huge impact on quality in which our husbands fulfill their callings.
He talked about other great things, but these are the things that stuck out to me. I wish I would have taken notes, but I really felt that listening and giving him my undivided attention was better. I may not always remember the principles he taught us and the specific apostolic blessing he gave us, but I will always remember the spirit that was there as he testified to us and taught us. I will always remember the feeling and the spirit that came as he presided over our sacrament as an apostle of the Lord. What a great experience!!!
2 comments:
GOSH you guys!! That is sooo special! I can't believe it, and I have to say I may have got a little star struck myself...hehe!! But thanks for that, it's some good advice to pass on! I miss you guys!!
I miss you too!!!!! :) Yeah it was really cool! He is really funny too haha! Can't wait for you guys to get back so that we can chillax all the time now that I am out of school! yay!
Post a Comment