Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial day weekend festivities

I don't have very many pictures from this weekend which is sad. I left my camera card in my future brother-in-laws camera when we went to Green Canyon the other day. Bummer. But I found a back up card on Tuesday so we have some pictures from that. But here is what we did this weekend:

Friday
-Spent the day at the temple as a temple worker. BEST way to spend a day
-Went to Subway for dinner (my favorite place lately)
-Hung out with some of our best friends Oksana and Trevor watching Planet Earth for the first time

Saturday
-Slept in super late which was wonderful
-I cleaned the house while Richard went to a lab then spent the rest of the day out side with a picnic at the park where we created a duck feud. It was so funny! Basically we were feeding a pair of ducks some food and then another pair came and they were fighting each other for the food and it was really funny.
-Hung out at home and watched movies which was a lot of fun!

Sunday
-Went to church
-Had meetings
-Took a nap (heavenly...)
-Went to one of our best friends house (Oksana & Trevor) and had the most amazing dinner and as good dessert! We had Carne Asada tacos (with kick butt Salsa) for dinner and homemade cheesecake, cheesecake balls dipped in chocolate & oreos and cinnamon rolls! Then we watched movies and had a blast! Tried to pull an all-nighter but only made it until 2am.

Monday
- Slept in way too late again
-Spent almost all day in the sun at the park! I read the 4th book of the Children of the Promise series and felt very patriotic. It is a fictional book about an LDS family during world war II and helped me really get into the spirit of memorial day (those books are my favorite too which helps)
-Took another nap (I love not being a student) and Richard surprised me with a clean house and dinner when I woke up!
-Watched a movie at Trevor & Oksana's house again! We got to talking after the movie and stayed up late again...

Tuesday
-Slept in really late again (I love holidays)
-My wonderful visiting teachers came over
-Hung around the house while Richard did homework and cleaned the house
-Read some more of my Children of the Promise book
-Took another nap (these 2am mornings have required mid day naps!)
-Had a photo shot with Richard (he is good)
-Oksana & Trevor came over and we chatted until late again! It's what you do on the weekend! ;)


Here are some of the shots from our photo shot! It's crazy what you can do with a couple lamps and a crappy camera. we had too much fun.
Wednesday
-The wonderful 4-day weekend is officially over and it is back to the grinding block...

So needless to say this weekend was fun and very much needed! We just relaxed and had a lot of fun together! You gotta love mid semester long weekends! At least we do at our house!
Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Are those Children of the Promise books any good? I've thought about reading them but then the fact that there are quite a few of them (not sure exactly how many) has stopped me. And...are they the kind of books that make you cry?

carmen said...

Great pix! You have amazing eyes!

Richard and McKenna said...

Kirsten--The Children of the Promise books are my personal favorite. The writer is amazing and I love the time period as well. There are 5 books but they are a quick read because they are so good! I have cried a couple times but it isn't an incredibly emotional book. It does definitely make you super thankful for living in the time we do! :) I love them and highly recommend them!

Carmen--You are such a sweetheart! Thanks :)

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend, except for the 2am thing. Yuck!! I need way too much sleep for that. HaHa We need to get together soon. I miss you guys! Mark is so busy. I hate this semester. I can't wait until the 7 week gap. We need to go camping again. K

Richard and McKenna said...

Nicole, yeah I agree on the sleep thing! I actually only made it until around 1am and I was out! The boys were up later but us girls didn't make it! haha! We do need to get together! We miss you guys too. Richard is really busy too but I am hoping things will calm down by Wednesday when his block class finishes...but then in-service starts so maybe that is just wishful thinking! :) Call me & let's hang out!

Miriam said...

Kenna! These pictures are beautiful, I'm sure you must get that by now..right? But I miss you guys, your so fun and wish we could still be around to hang out with you! :)