Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We need a vacation.



It's time for another vacation.

Poor Richard is really burnt out of school and I don't blame him. This is his third full-time semester in a row without any real breaks and it is starting to ware on him. After last semester I was burned out and I can't imagine 2 weeks after finishing winter semester starting another full semester. Not only that but he is taking a psychology class on the block and an economics class which are both really hard. He likes them a lot, but they are so time consuming. Especially the block class. It's a class called principles of learning and so they are required to teach rats how to do certain things using behaviorism and schedules of reinforcements. Because it is on the block, he is required to go to the lab to work with his rats every day for a couple hours which really cuts into his homework time. Needless to say we will be so happy when that class is over in 2 weeks. Poor guy!
A combo of burnt out and hard /busy classes is making this semester no fun. I wish we could just take off and go on a vacation because Richard is stressed. He is doing everything he can but he is tired of school. We are going to be so much more thankful to have him take a semester off during the fall to teach seminary that's for sure. But I am so proud of him for still going strong and doing so well (he still has a 3.9 GPA) even though this semester is no fun! And after this death semester he only has 1 more semester which is so nice. There is an end in sight! He is such a stud. There will definitely be a huge celebration when this semester is over!!

I just wish we could pause the semester and go away for a couple weeks right now!
BUT we are going here two days after the semester get's over for my sisters wedding and it will be so fun:

complete with trips to the beach and Disneyland with my family.
So that is something to look forward too!

3 comments:

Oksana said...

I didn't know you guys were planning a trip to San Diego this summer! That sounds like so much fun!

Richard and McKenna said...

If Richard can get more work off, we should totally stay in San Diego after my sisters wedding and you guys should come too and then we can party in San Diego for a while after the wedding and go have REAL mexican food and play on the beach!! :)

Oksana said...

Yes! That is a great idea! Trev and I want to plan a trip there sometime soon. Are you guys flying or driving?