Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rays of sunshine

It's finals week for me. I know that it is officially next week, but this is the week of death for me. Next week will be so easy just presenting projects and I only have one test on Monday. My semester ends on Monday essentially and I can't believe it!!! I wanted to do another post with my simple pleasures, but right now I have some OPPOSITE of simple pleasures I have to leak out. It's that time of the year. Finals week can make me kind of cranky, so I am going to get them out of my system...

I don't love...
...When it is snowing in April!!! I spent half my life Southern California aka: paradise where it was 60 degrees during winter. I can't believe a place like this exists and that people actually live here and WORSE that I live here!!! argh. We love the school and especially the people here, but the winter can make me angry. Seriously.
I swear we live in Narnia under the reign of the white witch where it is always winter and never summer! I turned to Richard the other day and was like "Honey, when did we move to Narnia?!" Seriously, I am wondering if there is such a thing as Rexburg Summers, even though I have lived through one. Now I know how the people in Narnia felt!
...that my family is in Utah and I can't see them because of stupid finals until tomorrow and they leave on Monday!
...finals. I have the mother of all canker sores to prove it.
...the parking on campus!! I hate having to park on the opposite side of campus and having to walk outside in the freezing cold to get to your class that is on the other side of campus. And then walking back to your car after class. Not a fan.
...pedestrians that walk out right in front of your car requiring that you slam on your brakes, risk having the person behind you hit you and hitting them. I know they are cold, but I don't like having them putting the life of my car and their own life at risk!

Ok, sorry for that. For some reason finals week can put me in a bad mood and so here are some of the things that I love and make that bad mood go away!

I love...
(image courtesy of Flickr and my new image for my simple pleasures posts)

...that my family is only 4 hours away!!!! I can't wait. I am sad I can't see them until tomorrow, but I am so glad that I get to see them! We are going to party hardy all weekend long and I cant wait.
...going to dances with my hubby!! I know that this picture was from our ward Valentines party this year and is a couple months late, but we just got them from the ward! We also love going to the weekly dances on campus and dancing for hours! It is our favorite way to get exercise! We don't mess around so dancing for us is an exercise :)

...Natural Cheetos!!!! They are our special treat every once and awhile. They are addictingly good. Try them. You will never be the same again!

...how much my husband serves me. This week I have had a heavier load and he has basically finished all of his projects and tests so he cleaned the house for me, made dinner and was so sweet! I am so lucky.

...our Kenna and Richard time that we created. We started this new thing where we go to bed an hour earlier and just talk and reconnect at the end of the day. We wanted to get into this habit so that when life get's busier and we aren't together 24/7 (which is ending in a week...) that we can still have Kenna and Richard time. It's awesome.

...spontenaity. On Tuesday Richard and I went and did our weekly grocery shoping before yoga and got some yummies (the Natural Cheeto's included). We were sitting in our car before yoga and Richard was like "Let's forget yoga, go snuggle up in a blanket eating yummies and watch the Biggest Loser". He is my soul mate. I squealed with excitment and we went and did as such.

...Thunder!! I keep getting little bits of thunder but it only taunts me because it lasts for like 3 minutes! But it makes me so excited!! Weird I know.

...Being healthy. It's always after you are really sick that you are thankful for your health! I am so glad that it is back and I don't feel like death anymore!

...good friends!! Hanging out with some of them this weekend was so much fun.

...that summer is getting closer every single day! :) This makes me so excited!

...That I will be done with school officially in a WEEK!!!! I can't believe it is coming so soon!

...that the neighbors underneath us stopped playing their bass on their music so loud that it shakes our floor. Richard put a nice note on their door asking them to turn it down because I couldn't sleep while I was sick as a dog. It made the horrible bass stop! yay.

...crosing off projects and tests off my list of things to do! I only have 2 projects left and 1 test!

...making new friends! We have decided to start meeting new people and it has been so much fun!

...listening to Richard make a song on the guitar and sing about me. It melts my heart. I love his voice. And he would never tell you, but he is amazing on the guitar.

Sun bathing on Catalina Island
Just about to get off the cruise ship to explore Catalina Island
After swimming at Huntington Beach for hours
...Listening to Jack Johnson and similar music dreaming of being on a beach again in the sun while looking at pictures from our cruise to Mexico or Caribbean or pictures from our time living in Southern California and feeling like summer is actually coming soon and getting so incredibly excited it borders on giddiness.

...Planning another cruise for the end of the year even if we don't have time to do it. It's still fun to plan and hoping that we will be able to go!

...Planning my schedule for when I get out of school! It will be so weird to not have homework or school.

So even though I am in the midst of finals and projects and studying, I have so many rays of sunshine that help me and make me still so happy and grateful. It's nice. I am so excited for this weekend visiting my family and having fun. This is just what I need to relax. What a tender mercy. :)

1 comment:

Jana Banana said...

sounds like life is just wonderful for you and its always important to look for the good things when its rough and its even ok to complain every now and then, its good for the soul :) Congrats on almost being done!!!!!!!! Life without homework is SOOOO exciting!!!! :)