Saturday, July 26, 2008

Creative dates

Richard and I have been trying to think of fun and creative dates lately. We love to watch movies together, but thats the problem. That is usually the way we spend our date nights which is sad because we don't get to talk much. We have decided to think of creative things to do that are new, fun and not always having to do with a T.V! So yesterday we decided it would be fun to go to somewhere pretty and paint! It was a first time for both of us and it was a lot of fun! We choose a place along a river here and had so much fun together out in nature creating new talents. Richard was AWESOME (of course, he is good at everything he does so that was no surprise) and I have yet to finish so we will see how it turns out!
He was really excited, needless to say :)
The only reason I put this on here is because this is the color I choose for our girls night the other day!Here we go!Nothing like a blank canvas. Also, this is the only picture you will see of my canvas until I am done! :)
Painting...

and the finished project! Richards painting in front of the scene he painted
We had a blast!The scene I attempted to paint...stay tuned for the painting (maybe) :)

I am glad that I have so much fun hanging out with my hubby! I will post other ideas we come up with as we do them! Stay tuned! :)

5 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

What a great idea! And a great job on your painting, Richard! I can't wait to see yours, McKenna! It is definitely good to mix things up every once in a while, and try something new and different...and like you guys found out, sometimes you even discover a new talent! I can't wait to see what other date ideas you guys come up with. =) --Jenny

Debra said...

What a great date idea! I'm glad you found my blog and left a comment. Now I can blog stalk you! :P

You guys are in Washington, right? We should double date sometime! We are HORRIBLE at going out on actual dates. Our dates typically consist of watching something from Netflix. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas!

Miriam said...

gosh Kenna, you guys are so stinkin fun! that's it...you inspired me, we have movie night every night and we definatly get a little cabin fever-y sooo...we need to get out too!!!

Miriam said...

ps i love wo you titled your pics on the side..hehe really cute!!

The Long Family said...

You guys are so cute!!