Friday, July 25, 2008

A good day starts with...

Reading your scriptures!! :)

I know this is so simple, but I did a little experiment. I have been reading my scriptures, but as I am laying in bed about to go to sleep. I remember my Dad telling me that is so foolish because its like putting on your spiritual armor as soon as you go to bed. You need that through out the day! So I have decided to start reading before I get out of bed. It has made all of the difference! The same things can happen and I can have things that should make for a bad day, but my outlook is different and so is my attitude! Also, my dad (he's the bishop in the ward) has been challenging people in the ward to read for an hour a day and so Richard and I have taken his challenge.
I challenge all of you to try the same thing. It really will make so much of a difference.

Anyways, I have been searching for a good bread recipe and I found an awesome one yesterday! It is simple and tastes really good! The only thing I didn't like about it is that there is white and whole wheat flour. Next time I am going to use all whole wheat flour so it is more healthy.
This link will take you to the recipe.

Also, I had a great time last night! My dad and brother went to scout camp and so all of us girls rented a movie and gave our selves manicures and pedicures while watching a chick flick! It was so much fun!! Richard of course was with me, but he played a game as we watched the movie! Another one of my brothers came and the two boys kept us laughing as we painted our nails! It was a great night! If I was a better blogger I would have pictures...sorry.

One last thing (sorry haha) here is a quote I got from a friend. Its awesome and I love it!

"[Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego] knew that they could trust God--even if things didn't turn out the way they hoped. They knew that faith is more than mental assent, more than an acknowledgment that God lives. Faith is total trust in Him. Faith is believing that although we do not understand all things, He does. Faith is knowing that although our power is limited, His is not. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him." Dennis E. Simmons

2 comments:

Amanda said...

this was a great post. :)

Jenny and Travis said...

I love your blog McKenna! Thanks for sharing all of your great experiences and neat ideas and thoughts! --Jenny