This week I have been thinking a lot. And then I went to one of my friends husbands funeral and that spurred it even more. He was younger than I am. I realized something about myself and almost every person in the human race. Something very simple, but it is also essential that we see it in our lives. Almost everyone will be "happy once ____ happens". Even when its something simple, I find myself saying that. "I will be happy when the semester ends" or "I will be happy when I am out on the lake camping" to find out when I am there "I will be happy when I can sleep in my own bed". What I realized after the funeral is truly, how many more tomorrows do we even have? Why keep putting off our happiness until ___ happens and not just enjoy every little bit of today because that is all we really have? I have decided wholeheartedly that I do not want to waste my life doing that. I want to live my life not just go through my life. We really are blessed no matter what we are experiencing, and when we look at everything grateful for it we are truly happy. It's true. Try it :)
Be happy today no matter WHAT happens.
I dare you ;)
I dare you ;)
3 comments:
Nick and I realized we were doing that too! We then realized that happiness is a choice we need to make every day! Thanks for your post!
I love that thought.
Thanks for your words. They've contined to be on my mind and in my heart...
Post a Comment