Yesterday was a lot of fun! I have been in an experimental cooking mood lately (I LOVE to cook) and so I went with my family to pick strawberries from a berry farm to make freezer jam. This is when I am so glad to be back in Washington for the summer--berry picking is a summer tradition. It was so fun picking the berries--as we were picking Richard turned to me and said "honey, I want to have berry fields when we have a house"! It was so much fun. Of course, there was a lot of sampling! Our plan was to go home to make strawberry freezer jam (which only needs about 5 pounds of strawberries) and we all had so much fun we came home with...13 pounds. :) My sisters and I made like 12 jars of freezer jam and I tried a bread recipe from one of my friends here. It was so much fun cooking with them!
My wonderful mom and my lil sis. It was cute because she put all the berries into a little basket!Also, today is my sisters 20th birthday!!!!
Happy birthday girl! I love you SOOO much!!

2 comments:
I have never done that, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Sounds yummy too. It's always fun to try new recipes. Glad to see that you are having a fun summer. See ya soon
So many thoughts....first off, I am so jealous that you guys got to go berry picking, cuz its so much fun! Second, your youngest sister is sooo cute, and I think she looks a lot like your mom! Third, your bread and jams looked great! I LOVE strawberry freezer jam...yum! And last, I can't believe how old your younger sister is now...crazy! Thanks for sharing your fun day, and for inspiring me to try something new!
Post a Comment