Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The joy of Easter

The reason for my title is this: to my surprise, Liam LOVED Easter and had so much fun with all the different aspects of it! Here are my two reasons for saying that:

1. We had a complex Easter egg hunt the Saturday before Easter and I thought that Liam would just chase around the other kids with NO idea what he was supposed to do. He is only a year so I didn't expect otherwise. Well to my surprise he totally got it! He would grab an egg, shake it as hard as he could, drop it in his bucket and run to the next egg. And he was so incredibly excited! Also to my surprise, he knew right away that those little colored eggs were full of CANDY! And think thats why he was so excited :) I actually video taped the hunt and it is SO cute!
I missed the first minute of the hunt and Richard said that was the cutest part! He got SUPER excited in a way he has never seen before! haha :)
(and no the video is not on fast forward...he was just going fast to get more eggs!)


On our way back to our house he found these stairs and plopped down to examine his findings! And funny thing is he posed himself just like that...future model?! jk :)

2. He loved his easter bucket! We decided since Richard is in church meetings from before Liam wakes up until church starts, that we would do his easter bucket after his nap so he could be there for it. It was so nice because we got to take a long nap too and then put together his bucket before he woke up (yay for the 3 hour naps!! knock on wood...). 

We actually got him waking up to his bucket on video and it's adorable. He was so excited! I think waking up from his nap on Easter and on Christmas morning have been his favorite ways to wake up so far ;)
(He always has the most hilarious sleepy hair when he wakes up! Gets it from his Daddy)
I am sad because I took a picture of Liam still asleep with his bucket at the foot of his bed but for some reason it didn't work :( You will just have to trust me that it was really cute!

Liam loved Easter so much. Last year he was just a couple months old so we didn't get a chance to do a lot because he didn't know what was going on. This year was so much fun to watch him experience Easter for the first time. I can't wait until he is old enough to really understand the meaning behind Easter and why we celebrate it as a holiday. All day, on the perfect, beautiful Sunday that Easter was, I couldn't help but reflect on the life of my Savior and all he has done for me. All he has blessed me with, all he has given me, all he has done for me and all the times he stayed close to my side when I needed him the most. I love my Savior in ways I cannot express and I am so thankful for a day to spend celebrating the sacrifice he made for all of us!
Photobucket

1 comment:

McKay and Jessica said...

Hey McKenna! Nice to hear from you! I have a Canon Rebel. It's not one of the nicest ones out there but its one of the more affordable ones. I know some of the new ones even do video recording now, which mine doesn't, and I'm not sure I would want it anyway.

The lens I have been mainly using in the 18-55mm one that is the standard one they give you with the camera. It is pretty nice, and very clear. My grandpa also gave me one of his old lenses that has a better zoom, but the pictures from that lens dont turn out as clear. I'm not really sure why, so I don't use that one nearly as much. Oh, and this standard lens can take a decent close up for not being a macro lens.

I hope to get a new lens though. Something that has an f stop that goes down to 1.8 or something :). That way it will not be grainy under low light settings and whatnot. But I probably wouldn't get that until I became pregnant or had some other excuse. haha!