Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a perfect baby...

GIRL!!!!!
We used these pink cupcakes to announce to our good friends what we found out at the ultrasound! We went out to dinner and after eating, we passed them out to everyone! It was so fun to watch their reactions when they saw the pink of the cupcake! :) And yes they are ridiculously pink in person!

We are SOOOO excited! My mommy intuition has been right both times! With each Liam and now this little girl, I knew what their genders were before I knew for sure that I was pregnant! So the dreams I was talking about in THIS POST were in fact about our adorable little girl! I am excited to have one of each right off the bat! Definitely doesn't mean we are done! By any stretch of the imagination... ;)

So about the ultrasound: We went in so giddy! It snuck up on us really fast and it seemed surreal that we were already ready to find out what peanuts gender was. My sister was sweet enough to watch Liam. I really wanted to bring him, but the ultrasound office didn't want young kids in the room so that made up our minds! :)  Anyways, they started measuring our little peanut, and it was so fun to watch as her little body was moving everywhere! The crazy thing was although she was moving all over the place, I couldn't feel those movements but at one point she jumped really hard and I felt a light tap! It was interesting to realize that even though I feel her all the time and much harder than the bump I felt during the ultrasound, she is moving around almost constantly. After a lot of the measuring was done, the tech asked if we wanted to know the gender and we answered with a resounding YES! We were so excited. She got a shot that would have told us, but peanut had her hands blocking the view like she was trying to be modest! The tech finally got her to move her hands but had a hard time getting a really good look because she kept moving away. But from the view we got, it was very obvious that I was right and that peanut is a GIRL!!! I think it's funny to note the differences between peanut and Liam! When the tech was measuring his legs we could tell RIGHT AWAY he was a boy! He was spread eagle and stayed that way the entire time! There was no denying it :) 
Alien shot...she is looking right at the "screen"
The tech did some other measurements and said we would go back to check again, just to make sure. After her measurements were made and peanut was declared anatomically and in every way PERFECT, she tried to take another look! Sure enough, our little peanut is an adorable baby girl! The tech went to get us a profile shot and peanut kept putting her hand up by her face. She was sucking her thumb almost the whole time or had her hand on her forehead like a little drama queen! ;) And we got to watch her swallow the fluid and chew. Her little mouth never stopped moving! I bet thats another peek into our future with a talkative little girl!  :) She was so incredibly sweet and even the tech mentioned how unusually pretty and feminine she already looked! There was one shot of her profile where I had a flash back of Liam at his 20 week ultrasound. It was almost eerie how similar their profile looked! She was more feminine and dainty, but they looked SO similar! I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER IN PERSON!! 
Look at that perfect little profile! She looks SO much like Liam did at his 20 week ultrasound!
Swallowing some fluid with her hand up by her face
Sucking her little thumb!!
The tech also mentioned how sweet and cooperative she was. She said that most times it is really frustrating to get all the measurements on other babies but she would move into the right positions she needed every time! I can tell already that she is going to be incredibly sweet, patient, kind and perfect, exactly like her big brother!
She was cuddled up with her back against my belly which is exactly how Liam liked to lay when I was pregnant with him
Just like with Liam, as soon as we found out Richard and I went to go buy her her first little outfit! That is when it hit me that peanut was in fact a little girl and I was buying an outfit that she would wear in less than 4 1/2 months!! I got SO giddy looking at all the adorable little outfits at the store! It's in the closet in their room where Liam is fast asleep so I will add a picture of it soon. It's WAY cute! So now begins my fury of crafting to make millions of little bows and other fun girl accessories!! I am so excited! 
Enjoying his "IT'S A GIRL" cupcake! I love him SOOOOOOOO much!!

I had my 20 week appointment the other day and I will do a "I am HALF WAY" update soon with a new belly pic because I don't want to overwhelm everyone with pictures and writing! 
But we are SOOOOOOOOOO excited for our perfect little princess to join our family soon!!!! 


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mrs. Mom said...

I love this post. It is so fun when you get to see their sweet features. I remember thinking that Rhett was going to be born bald but then when we saw our ultrasound and we saw his hair we started cheering in the ultrasound room.