O.my.gosh. This is seriously, one of the best dinners I have ever had. It was so incredibly good. At first glance it may look weird, but trust me, it's amazing. I have been on this oriental kick lately (tonight I finally found a restaurant quality sweet and sour chicken recipe I will post later) and this reminded me of thai food. Enough talking. I need to share it!
Richards rating: 9 stars
(he says it could be because he was watching a really intense movie while eating it...)
(but I give it 10. Definitely in my top 20...or maybe even top 10)
Sweet and Spicy Almond Glazed Shrimp over Cilantro Basmati Rice
I didn't take a picture because I was so excited to taste it. I will do better. I promise. Guess I will just have to make it again so I can take a picture ;)
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. shrimp, deveined and tails removed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. almond butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. lemon juice
pinch of cayenne pepper (I can't remember exactly how much it was but a pinch should do)
3 tbsp. water
Enough basmati rice for 4 servings
1/2 a bunch of cilantro, chopped
--Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, saute the garlic for 15 seconds then add the shrimp. Stir and heat for 2 minutes, then add the salt, pepper, almond butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine the ingredients then add 3 tbsp. of water; mix to combine. Reduce heat to low.
--Cook basmati rice according to directions on the bag. When it is done, mix with the chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place rice on serving plate and top with glazed shrimp. ENJOY.
Altered recipe from Picky Palate
p.s. We had this for dinner on Saturday and I am ashamed it has taken me so long to post it. It is that good. I had an AMAZING mothers day and I will definitely be posting about that ASAP. I just wanted to put this on here while I had a chance after I cleaned the house and before going to bed (yes I know that mommies should go to bed earlier. but I am a night owl. what do you expect?). Plus, I am working on my post about Liam being 3 months old! There are a lot of good posts coming (non-food and food related), so stay tuned! :)
p.p.s Richard made me the DANG cutest video for mothers day that he posted right under this post (careful, it will make you cry). If you haven't had a chance to see it, you should watch it. It is so cute it is definitely worth the 4 minutes it takes to watch it. Check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment