Tonights dinner was another hit! You might all be thinking "yeah beef stroganoff...boring". But you need to try this. It's crazy easy, pretty healthy and delis. Plus, huge side bonus is that all you do is dump it all into a crock pot, turn it on high, leave for church and come home to bubbling goodness. That is what we did today and we were a huge fan of walking in and having dinner smell amazing and taste just as good. I did make a lot of changes which was scary because I didn't want them to ruin this dinner. But I really think my additions were a huge success and I will always add them to this dinner.
Richard rating: 9.5
reasoning: "I have never been a huge fan of stroganoff, but this was perfectly made. Definitely best beef stroganoff I have ever had"
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
I made a lot of adjustments to this one, so my additions/changes are italicized.
Also I didnt include a picture because I am sure all of you know what beef stroganoff looks like
1 Pound cubed beef stew meat
1 (10.75) can condensed golden mushroom soup (I increased this to 2 cans...and don't cheat and just add normal cream of mushroom soup. It is really important to get the right kind)
1/2 cup chopped onions (once again, I thought I had an onion and didn't...so since it was Sunday I couldn't buy one I put in 3 tbsp. of dried minced onions)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (forgot to buy this at the store so I didn't include this)
1/4 c. water (increased that to a little under 1 cup...made it perfect consistency)
4 ounces sour cream (I forgot about this until we were eating it and didn't want to stop long enough to add it so this too was omitted)
1 package of Dry Onion Soup mix
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt
Pepper
next time: I am going to add mushrooms (didn't think of that until we were already at church).
--Add all the ingredients into the crock pot and cook it on high for around 5 hours (I did mine for 4 and it was great) or low for 8 hours. Stir in cream cheese just before serving. Serve over noodles (we always use whole wheat pasta to make dinners that much more healthy).
enjoy!
So I am working on my recipe list for this week and I am really excited to try some of these recipes! I am sure multiple of them will be blog worthy so keep an eye out for them! :) And I found some awesome dessert recipes so get your sweet tooth ready...

1 comment:
I think Brad would actually like this recipe since you can leave out the sour cream, and it doesn't use cream of mushroom soup! Did you mean stir in sour cream before eating, or did you really add cream cheese?
Post a Comment