Can I just say how much I LOVE mothers day?! Not only is it a day to get spoiled like none other (p.s my husband is THE best) but I love the opportunity to celebrate one of the things I love more than anything: being a mommy. I remember last mothers day I was giddily excited because we had just stopped birth control the day before (I hope thats not TMI) and I felt like a little kid on Christmas eve, staring at all the presents under the tree and getting a glimpse of what I was about to embark on. I was so excited to be a mom and here I am, a year later, with my precious 3 month old boy. I feel so incredibly blessed to be his mommy. He is such a special boy and I sometimes feel the slightest bit of inadequacy because with every day, I get more and more of a taste of how special he is. I hope I can be as good of a mom to him as my mom was to me and the kind of mom he deserves. I know I say it all the time, but I pray every day that I can have Heavenly Fathers help in my role as a mother, because I know how important it is and with that my feelings of inadequacy I sometimes may feel are gone. I know that with Heavenly Fathers help, I can be all that Liam deserves. I am so glad that my mom instilled in me the knowledge that the role of a mother is important, sacred and special. It makes all the mundane things we do (like changing diapers, wiping up spit-up, etc) not feel pointless at all because I know that I am taking care of, nurturing and showing my love to my little child.
Have I ever told you I love being a mommy? :)
I cannot express how much I love being a mom. It exceeds my wildest dreams. Multiple times a day, I get this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my perfect life. It may not seem perfect to other people (like not being able to sleep whenever I want, some days not being able to shower until 2pm, being pooped on, thrown up on or peed on, or not having my house totally clean all the time), but to me it is absolutely perfect. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
So like I said, my first mothers day was the best. I woke up like normal to nurse Liam around 8am and after I was done Richard took him and played with him so I could sleep until he was hungry again. I woke up at 10 to feed him again and when I walked into the house, Richard had cleaned the entire thing and was putting the finishing touches on my breakfast! As I was feeding Liam, he showed me the video he made me (I wasn't allowed to watch it until that morning haha)! That was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen or anyone has ever given me! When Liam was finished nursing, under the instruction of Richard, I got back into bed and ate my breakfast while Liam and Richard chatted (or babbled) with me!
Letting Liam "hold" the roses Richard gave me. They were GORGEOUS little pink roses. Little roses are my favorite! :)

(In my defense--I had just woken up and these are pre make-up, brush my hair or do anything pictures)
Yummy...fresh orange juice, turkey bacon, eggs and oranges...
After I finished breakfast, it was time for Liams nap (which he went down for like a champ) and I spent the whole time getting ready (even shaved my legs ::gasp!::) which was fun!
I thought this picture was funny because we are making almost the same face on accident! I think Richard was talking to me and accidentally took the picture! :)
(see...his hands are his best friends...)
Church was (like always) wonderful. And I even got to take the sacrament (usually he is hungry right as sacrament meeting starts so I am usually feeding him in the mothers room during sacrament)! Liam usually has his afternoon nap around 1 or 2 and our church starts at 1 which is problematic. If he doesn't get a nap, he is not very happy (he loves his sleep). But he slept in my arms for about an hour during church which was so fun! He is such a little angel! When we got home, I put him down for another nap because I could tell he was super tired from not having a real nap earlier. He (once again) went to bed without any problems and Richard started making me dinner. It was AMAZING!! We had crab, salmon, shrimp, asparagus and yummy artisan bread!
After eating that yummy meal, and since Liam was still napping, I was able to lay down for a really nice, relaxing nap as well while Richard cleaned up our dinner mess! When I woke up I also got Liam up to feed him. Then we went to spend some time with some of our friends and had a lot of fun chatting and hanging out! After I put Liam to bed Richard and I had some cheesecake with strawberries and then he gave me a really nice massage!
So my first mothers day was amazing and perfect. I couldn't have asked for it to be any better. Nor could I ask for a better reason to celebrate:
::sigh::
I love my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment