Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catch all

I have a running list in my head of things I need to update about. Big things. Small things. Random things. Usually I wouldn't have a problem or a back log, but the other day I came to a decision. When Liam is awake the computer is off. I don't want to miss a SECOND of my little man growing up because it is already going too fast. (don't get me wrong- I am on hardly at all when he is awake anyways...I just don't want to spend ANY time on the computer when he is awake) And during nap time or when he is asleep for the night, I usually want to clean the house, make dinner, do laundry etc. so I don't have to worry about those things when he is awake. So naturally, blogging has taken a backseat. I don't want it to, because I love blogging and how I am able to use it as a journal, but that is life. I will try to update as much as I can, but sometimes a "Catch-all" entry will be necessary for the small things! :) So here it is:

1. B.O.M CHALLENGE:
I will be honest. I have been horrible at this. I know. I am horrible! I was doing SO good with it before almost our entire family (both Richard and I's family) came to visit for Liam's blessing. Then with the crazy/fun commotion, my B.O.M challenge goal got pushed aside. I had all the intentions of going back to it when everyone was gone and things were back to normal, but I had gotten out of my habit. It's really embarrassing to admit that, especially when that was a month ago! I try to get back into it, but then I realize that June 4th is coming really quick. I feel so overwhelmed realizing that I have to read almost half the Book of Mormon in a couple weeks. So I decided instead of abandoning my goal (because obviously I need to get back into the habit), I am moving my date to July 24th! That is probably a bit more realistic anyways! :) It's really embarrassing to admit all this, but hey, at least I am not giving up! I will finish this!

2. I have been finding some AWESOME recipes lately! I always intend to put them on here, but life happens! So I am going to put the one I mentioned in my last recipe post.
I have been searching for a Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe that tastes and looks like those found in a restaurant but I could never find one! Most of the recipes came close to tasting as good but no where near looking like something from a restaurant. I was so glad when I tried to recipe! Richard REALLY liked it, but since I made it a couple days ago, I can't remember his rating! But I do remember him loving it! :)

(restaurant quality) Sweet and Sour Chicken

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1 C. corn starch
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 C. vegetable oil

SAUCE:
3/4 C. sugar
4 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt

--Dip the chicken pieces into the corn starch and then into the beaten egg. Fry in the oil (on both sides) until lightly brown, but not cooked all the way through. Place in a single layer on a 9 x 13 in pan. Mix the sauce together and pour over the chicken. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees and turn the chicken pieces every 15 minutes.
(If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced – about 6-8 minutes. I didn't make extra sauce and it was totally yummy still).

p.s. I made this a couple days ago so my memory is foggy about the things that I changed in this recipe. But this is to the best of my memory! Either way, it should be good!

Altered recipe from My Kitchen Cafe

Well I hope you enjoy the recipe! Sorry if this post doesn't make a lot of sense. I am trying to go as fast as I can and I am pretty tired so I didn't do any pre-post editing! :)

And since a post without pictures is not worth reading, here is a picture of my favorite little boy in the whole wide world:

Wanna know something crazy? This outfit is sized for a 6 month old...details coming later...

I took these the other day when we were playing together and I think they are adorable! If you want to see some even CUTER ones, come back to see the update I am working on about him being 3 months old! Mwhahaha...manipulation... ;)

Photobucket

p.s. Is catch all supposed to be hyphenated? If so, I apologize. It's late, and this mommy is too tired to think or even care about remembering her college English class....Mrs. Crowley, I hope you aren't reading this...

No comments: