We had a great and eventful Christmas break! Because we had so much fun, I didn't have time to take hardly any pictures. My purse where I kept our camera was in our room at the place we were staying downstairs and every time I would think of taking pictures, I didn't want to go get the camera! :) Sorry I am too lazy.
We started out our break by going to my grandparents in Provo. My wonderful roommate from my freshman year of college and my grandma threw me a small baby shower which was so much fun! I had a couple friends from college I hadn't seen for almost 5 years and a couple of my aunts and cousins come! It was a lot of fun. You'll see in the pictures that we broke the rules of baby showers and had Richard and one of my best friends from school come. I was inviting his wife and wanted Richard to meet both of them so we broke the rules. But it was fun to see them again and have Richard meet them. Here are some pictures of the games we played:
We played that game to see who could drink from sippy cups the quickest...
Sam and his wife trying to win!
I have to say...I feel REALLY bad for babies! My cheeks were so sore after trying to drink water from those sippy cups!
Of course, the "Guess what's in the diaper" game...get ready dear!!!! :)
Tiffany's face says it the best!
They were a little too realistic looking... :)
After playing games, we had some yummy food, opened presents and talked for hours! It was a lot of fun! I got some WAY cute clothes and blankets that I'am REALLY excited to use. If I have time, I will take pictures of what I got to show you the cuteness.
The day after the shower, we took off for Richard's brothers house in Salt Lake and had a really fun time with him and his family. Sadly, this is the part of the trip I have no pictures of. But here are some things we did...
~I played A LOT of nerts games with some of the kids
~ Richard played strategy card and computer games with his brother and oldest nephew
~Ate a lot of really good food
~I went shopping with my sister-in-law. I bought a pack and play for Liam, some adorable brown canvas tote's for his changing table, a matching baby blue crib bumper and changing table pad cover from Carters, and a changing table pad! I am SO excited to start working on his room!
~I worked on (and almost finished) a baby blanket I am making for Liam
~Watched a lot of movies with their projector/home theater
~I slept a lot
~had a really fun Christmas eve and Christmas. We loved watching the kids open their presents!
~Richard took me to see Avatar in 3D at the IMAX theater for a date
...I am going to take a break there because that is where the adventures begin. So last winter, Richard's parents let us borrow one of their older cars to use in the snow because it was a good snow car and our newer car wasn't good enough for the winters here (which are INSANE). Well, before we left, it had started to make some weird noises but we figured it was just because of the cold and took it to Utah. On the way to the theater the car started acting super weird and would get stuck changing gears. As we got closer, it got so bad that it would only go like 5 mph and almost died. We miraculously made it to the movie only about 5 minutes late and we LOVED LOVED Avatar! I would definitely recommend seeing that movie in 3D! It was awesome. After the movie, we decided to take it to an automotive place we saw across the street. Well, the car would die every couple minutes and after having it stop in the middle of an intersection we finally got it in. After a quick look, they said that the transmission was totally shot (which wasn't a surprise) and said that because they don't make those cars any more that we would have to get a custom built transmission that would cost about $7,000!! HA! right. We are just going to give it to a junk yard. :) So after some stress trying to figure out how to get back home with all our stuff (mind you we had brought all our newborn and 0-3 month baby clothes to wash during our vacation which totaled about 6 full trash bags) and without spending a fortune, we found out that Richard's aunt was coming to Salt Lake to pick up her daughter from the airport a couple days later and could take us back. Not only that but my in-laws have a really nice car that has been sitting unused at their house in Idaho and they won't be using it until later in the year. It is the most AMAZING snow car and way way way nicer than the car they had let us borrow before for the snow. So now we have 2 cars again and a way better and more reliable 2nd car! It makes me so much more comfortable about having to drive 30 minutes to the hospital with possibly a lot of snow on the roads. So even though it was stressful as it was happening, it turned out to be a huge blessing. We got to spend more time at my brother-in-laws which was fun, we have a more reliable and better 2nd car and we didn't have to pay anything for the trip back home! I am just glad it happened when
1. we were just 2 miles away from my brother-in-laws house rather than in the middle of no where (or worse--on our way to the hospital)
2. we still had a week until school started again for Richard
3. my in-laws weren't using their Toyota Rav-4 so that we could still have a 2nd car
It is such a huge blessing that this could-be-disaster actually turned into a blessing. So other than that little fiasco, we had a great Christmas break and we are ready to hit the grinding stone to get everything ready for Liam's debut NEXT MONTH!! I will do my 35 week update tomorrow after my check-up at the doctors.

No comments:
Post a Comment