Wednesday, January 20, 2010

37 weeks baby update!

Yay!! Our little William is full-term now!
It's so nice to know that if he came now everything would be fine and labor would be totally welcomed! The only down side of knowing that is...I want him to come soon so bad so I can hold him! But, we still have 2 1/2 weeks until his due date which I am sure will go quick. For quite awhile, I thought for sure he would come early (not because of any specific reason) but now I would really surprised if he did. I am thinking he will probably be late now! haha. But I am going to start going on lots of walks and be on my feet a lot hoping that will help him come sooner!
Sure I am really excited to meet him and be able to kiss and hold him but I will really really miss feeling him inside constantly. It is the neatest feeling in the world. The other day I was thinking about how close we are and all of a sudden got really sad that this pregnancy is almost over. I am so blessed that at 37 weeks, I still love this!
I met my goal of getting all the important stuff done by the time he was full-term! His baby room is almost totally all done except we still have to paint and set-up his changing table. But there is a changing table on his pack and play/bassinet so it's no stress. His bags are packed and essentially so are mine (I just need to put some clothes in)! I promise to post a picture of William's room once it is completely finished.

The last few weeks I have noticed that he is definitely dropping lower. Last week after a couple days of being on my feet a lot, there was A TON of pressure that hurt pretty bad and made it really difficult to walk. Sometimes it seriously feels like he is going to fall out! Every time I am on my feet for awhile, that feeling comes back. It's nice to know that he has dropped further, but I am scared about how that will make the next 2 1/2 weeks...surely it will be interesting. Because he is so low, my hips hurt so bad as they start to separate. In fact, we learned a way that Richard can help my hips go back to normal from our birthing class and the first time I stand up after eating breakfast, he has to put my hips back together so I can walk! The other day when he was pushing them together, they totally popped back in place! Also, my heartburn at night is way worse and every time I move sides I have to eat some Tums or else my throat will burn with fury. Since my last update the braxton hicks contractions have also picked up, but it's nothing too bad and as soon as I start noticing they have happened frequently they stop! of course. William's movements have also gotten REALLY strong and he is almost constantly running his feet along my side or rubs and/or has the hiccups. Sometimes it hurts when he is moving all around really ferociously, and I swear he is trying to break out, but it's so fun to feel him in there.

Recently I have DEFINITELY started nesting. It's so funny how overwhelming my desire to clean and organize is. It started really strong on Friday. I was picking up the kitchen and then I had the urge to TOTALLY clean and organize the kitchen. Like I re-organized ALL the cupboards and totally cleaned every space.

Richard came home in the middle of my cleaning frenzy and had to take a picture.
by the way, I swear that is a tub of pine-sol and water to my left!

However, I was starting to come down with a cold that Richard had earlier that week and so I think that super deep cleaning the kitchen made it worse. Now I am really sick with a cold. Being sick AND super pregnant is hard. It's really hard to sleep between a plugged nose and heartburn but the WORSE part is that I want to finish cleaning and organizing our whole house but I am so tired from being sick that all I can do is sit on the couch or sleep. ARGH!! I want to deep clean our house so bad it's driving me crazy! Don't get me wrong, our house isn't dirty or anything, but it's just my nesting that makes me want to re-clean every space. But it is comforting that even if he came soon, the most important things are done like his room is ready and our bags are packed. But I would love to be able to finish deep cleaning our house before he comes. So until then, I am drinking lots of water, taking extra vitamin C and sleeping as much as possible.

I went to my 37 week appointment yesterday and once again, everything sounded and measured perfect! Doctor said that he was still head down (yay!) and that his little body is on the left hand side of my body with his feet and hands on the right side. I was not surprised at all, but it was just fun to have him confirm that. After feeling his head and body he also said that he would be really surprised if he was more than 8 pounds and would probably be between 7-8 pounds at his due date. That made me REALLY happy because (as I mentioned in my last pregnancy update) I was worried that he would be really big and it would make delivery harder. So it's nice that the doc is expecting him to be about average or maybe just a little bigger! So it doesn't look like we have a 9-10 pound baby on the horizon! Also, I found out that I am group B strep negative which is good. So everything looks perfect and great.

Just to break up all the writing, because this post is starting to get way too long, here is another picture. About a week ago, I was reading something on my computer and using my tummy as a table to hold the water I was drinking. Richard thought it looked funny and snapped a picture.

So for my favorite story from the past couple weeks: Almost every night before we go to sleep, I lay on my left side and Richard will first sing "I am a Child of God" to William through my tummy (which TOTALLY and COMPLETELY melts my heart...he is going to be the best daddy). Then William will start poking his feet out and so Richard will play with his little feet pushing them in and William pushes them back out. It's so cute to watch Richard get so excited every time William kicks back at him. I am SO excited to see them together. And I love how much Richard is in love with our little boy already! Also, the other morning I was laying there trying to get the motivation to get out of bed and all of a sudden he either stuck an elbow or a knee out about 2 inches and kept it there for a couple seconds! It totally came to a point and I almost pushed it back in because it hurt! I also LOVE it when he sticks his little foot out so far that you can totally see the outline of it against my stomach.

Lastly, here is an official update from "What to Expect When You're Expecting":
"Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side."
I can't believe we are so close and that I am now 9 months pregnant! Williams pregnancy sure flew by! Sorry you get no belly picture. I took one last night but I look exactly how I feel: sick and tired. I hate this dang cold. I hope it goes away soon. But I will post one with my next update in a week at 38 weeks after my doctors appointment!

Photobucket

2 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I am SO happy for you! I hope everything goes well and that you start feeling better and get rid of that cold soon!

Lots of Love

Cass said...

You go Girl!! Struttin that Snow College pride!! hahahaha Feel better!! Apple juice is my cure mmm!!!