Saturday, December 26, 2009

Called to serve!!!

Today is a very special day for my family!! My little brother got his mission call today! We were hoping it would come around Christmas, but thought it wasn't really likely because he sent his papers in LAST WEEK!!! But the day after Christmas, his letter came in the mail! It was so exciting. They put us on speaker phone as he read the letter and announced that he is going to:
Sao Paulo, Brazil!!!!!
The funny thing is that my sister sent me a text right before they called saying that he had the package and asked me to guess. I totally called Brazil :) I am so happy because he will be reporting to the M.T.C. in Brazil May 5th which means he will be here to meet our little William before he leaves and will be able to participate in his baby blessing!!!! His 19th birthday is only like 2 weeks before my due date so there was a risk he would be going into the M.T.C about the same time that William was born and wouldn't be able to meet him. So I am SOOOO happy he will get to meet him and help bless him! I am so proud of my little brother and his righteous desire to serve a mission! He will be an AMAZING missionary and the people of Brazil will be very lucky to have him there teaching the gospel.
CONGRATULATIONS STEVIE!!!!!!!

Jeeze 2009 and 2010 HUGE things are happening or have happened for my family!
--My parents first grand baby
--My sister was married
--First boy leaves on a mission
--Little sister turns 16
--Little brother enters high school
--and my littlest bro will be baptized!
two of my sisters don't have anything big going on...but just give them a couple years :)

p.s. I am at my brother-in-laws house using his computer so I don't have any pictures of Stevie to put on this post. But as soon as I get home I will add one!

p.p.s. I will post about our wonderful Christmas after I get home as well

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

awesome! Brians cousin is at the mtc right now and she is going to Sao Paulo, Brazil also! I'm sure your bro will see her! congrats to you fam!

carmen said...

WOW! Exciting changes for your family - so blessed! Congratulations to you all! Happy New Year!