Yay! We are getting closer! Depending on who you talk to or which website you look at, I am either 8 months or almost 8 months pregnant! But either way, we have 5 weeks until I am full-term @ 37 weeks and 8 weeks until d-day! And with Christmas & new years during that time I have a feeling it is going to FLY by!
So I am still pretty dang comfortable for being 8 months pregnant! Of course, I still have heartburn, have to pee all the time, my lower back hurts from my ever expanding tummy, my hips hurt, the side of my body where he kicks constantly is sore, my ribs hurt when he sticks his body parts in there, I am always hungry and recently even more insanely tired. But even those things are manageable. The tums totally help my heartburn, I just deal with having to go potty all the time, and the back/hip pain just requires that I take it easier. And heck the pain that comes from him being in there is still cute because it's his little adorable body that is making me hurt! I am SOOOO lucky and blessed that I have had an easy and uneventful pregnancy. Other than the normal pregnancy aliments everything else has been wonderful. I still TOTALLY love being pregnant.

32 weeks!
I had my 32 week check-up and again everything looked perfect! The nurse who checked my blood pressure said it was perfect and she was impressed that it has been the same my whole pregnancy! Apparently when you are pregnant your blood pressure tends to creep up every week. My weight gain was also fine, a little high, but then again because I started under what I should have been, they want me to gain more weight than normal so I am still right on track and where they want me. I would much rather gain more than less because it means everything is going well with the pregnancy! Our doctor came and checked my measurements which he said was right on, and William's heartbeat which was also perfect. He tried to see if he was head down and he said that he is pretty sure he is. Since my placenta is in front, it was a little difficult so he isn't 100% sure but he said that he's pretty sure especially considering where I am feeling him. He said he will know for sure at my next appointment. So once again everything looks great and just as it should!
After our appointment we ran next door to the hospital to tour it. And HOLY COW it is SOO nice! All the rooms are totally brand-new, the labor and delivery rooms are HUGE, the recovery rooms have huge flat screens and every single room has a jacuzzi tub! As I was walking through it felt like a hotel rather than a hospital! It made me so much more relaxed and excited seeing the nice hospital where we are going to deliver! O and I am sure it is obvious, but I decided that I am going to stay with my doctors and deliver at Mountain View. I talked to my doctor today about my family history and fast labors and he said that I would just have to come in when my contractions are 10-15 minutes apart rather than 3-5 and I should be fine. I feel SO good about my decision. I love my doctor and especially after seeing the hospital, I really feel this is the right decision. So that's nice to have finally decided!
So for story time: I actually have a video of part of this! Richard and I were watching one of the Star Trek movies on Friday (December 11th) and our little guy was going CRAZY! He was moving and kicking all over the place! So at the end of the movie (after he was moving around the entire movie) I finally pulled out the camera to tape some of his movements. He must like Star Trek!! Of course he got "Camera shy" and his movements slowed done, but I was able to catch a couple cute things! Heck, this is after like 1 1/2 hours of him going crazy in there with his aerobics (sometimes it feels like he is working out in there)! So here are 2 short clips of him. And you will catch what his nickname is if you listen carefully (Richard says it over and over again in the second video)! I will get some better videos of him moving but these will do for now! :)
Catch his nickname?? I will explain it in a little bit. But first another story...
It's funny cause after these videos, Richard was watching a video that my brother sent that was a spoof on Lady Gaga's song "Poker Face". We hadn't heard her song before, so we listened to it to understand the spoof video he sent us. We wanted to hear some other of her songs, and he turned one on that was a song that sounded fun to dance to. All of a sudden, our little guy started going CRAZY and my belly was jumping, shaking and moving all over the place! He was having his own little dance party!
So we are going to call him Liam! One night I was talking about him (using his name William) and Richard was like "wait what did you call him? I swear you just said Liam!" and we both realized we loved that name and it is the last 4 letters of William! On babynames.com it says that Liam is a shortened version of William! We are way excited because we like unique names and really like the name Liam. So his full or "real" name will be William, but instead of calling him Will or any other shortened name, we will call him Liam!
Well, now that this post is RIDICULOUSLY long, I will finally stop. So until next time, here's to another great 2 weeks! :)

2 comments:
So cute! Love the name, and the story with it. Good luck with the last bit!
Wow! Great videos! How cool to see him moving around! I can tell you two are just so in love with your little guy already!! It is so exciting, he will be here before you know it!! :o)
Post a Comment