A lot of people on facebook from my home ward in Washington have taken a challenge to update their status everyday until Thanksgiving with things they are grateful for. Because I am starting late in the month I decided that I would do it for the rest of November and also do it on my blog! I decided that I would write on my blog about the things I have on my status on facebook.
What I wrote about today was how I am so thankful for the peace, happiness, edification and fulfillment that comes into my life as a direct blessing from living the gospel. Everything in my life that is dear to my heart has come as a blessing from the gospel. And some literally are like my wonderful relationship with my husband who I meet in church as he was giving his homecoming talk! :) Today we had stake conference and it was so uplifting and edifying. I just couldn't help but think how grateful I am to be able to have the gospel in my life and realized that as I felt the spirit whisper things to me that I could better that that is where the happiness comes from. The gospel is a thing of progression and true happiness (I have found) comes when you feel the promptings to do better and try as hard as you can. What a blessing. Progression and feeling promptings to do better is not supposed to make us feel overwhelmed or guilty, but is designed to be the tool to make our lives better and make us better people. What a blessing to have something in our life that will constantly help us to know how to be better which will increase our happiness (the Holy Ghost)!

(We had an enrichment yesterday and we made gold leaving pictures of Christ and this is the one I choose. It's one of my favorites!)
On a whole different note today I am 28 weeks which means I am officially in the third trimester!! I can't believe how much closer we are getting! I will do an official update tomorrow after my 28 week appointment. So stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment