Sorry I haven't been perfect at posting every day the things I am grateful for so here is from the past 2 days and then day:
Day 4--I mentioned yesterday how INCREDIBLY grateful I am to have a mom that it is one of my BEST friends and who is the greatest example of charity, kindness and patience (among so many other things). Seriously, anyone who knows her would agree that is the closest thing to an angel. She is so kind and I love that I know whenever I want, I can call her and tell her anything and she will always be there for me. Other than my husband, she really is my best friend. I am so thankful for that. As we get closer and closer to our little guys due date (basically 11 more weeks...) I have been thinking about things like parenting. My mom is such a great mom to me and I HOPE and WISH will all my heart I can be half of what my mom is to me for our son. I want to take her example and be like her.
I love you mommy...

(My mom and her girls...minus 1...on 4th of July 2008)
Of course, I have a WONDERFUL daddy that I love with all my heart. I just have been thinking about the kind of mom my mom was for me because I am about to be a mom myself so it's been on my mind a lot. My Dad is so amazing and such a saint. Seriously, he is such an incredibly great example to me as well and I look up to him SO much.
I love you Daddy!!!
(my daddy and I on 4th of July 2008! He looks tough but he is such a teddy bear! Daddy doesn't smile in pictures for some reason haha)
Day 5--I mentioned that I am thankful for naps in my COMFY bed after being exhausted all day. Thanks to pregnancy, I am up every 2 hours (on the dot...seriously) during the night to go to the bathroom and yesterday I had to get up early because I wanted to go with Richard to work. The trimester at the school he is teaching at is ending today so I wanted to go before it ended to say good-bye to the kids! It was really fun, but I was SO super tired. Only 8 hours of sleep that was interrupted every 2 hours and I was out for the count. So that nap was so needed. Our little guy is going through a growth spurt because I have been really tired lately, WAY more hungry than I was even a few weeks ago, feeling those lovely growing pains and I can feel him in places he has never been before (like my ribs...owww...)! Probably explains why 8 hours of sleep feels like 4...
Today (day 6)--Today I am grateful for breaks from school/work that allow us to go visit our families for the holidays!! We are leaving tonight for WA and I CANNOT wait to see our families! I love thanksgiving and I am excited I get to spend it with them! Because of this though, I am going to take a break from posting. So if you want to keep up on what I am grateful for everyday, visit my facebook (cause updating a status takes way less time than a blog post).
Now I need some advice!
When I went to the doctor for my normal monthly check-up on Monday I asked about traveling for Christmas. We recently found out that both of our families are going to be in WA for Christmas (when before we thought my in-laws would be in Idaho) and we aren't sure what to do. Here is our predicament:
1. I will be between 33 and 34 (possibly 35) weeks pregnant at Christmas time/when we are going to be traveling and I am not sure if it is safe to travel that close to my due date
2. But my doctor said that if everything continues as good as it has been than it is totally fine for me to go to WA for Christmas
3. AND if I go into labor out of the state of Idaho my insurance will pay close to nothing.
So do we risk it and go to WA or do we play it safe and stay closer to home?
What do you guys think??
And more advice...
I have been seeing a GREAT doctor in a city close by that I choose after hearing my friend say that her experience with the clinic when she had her baby girl was amazing and perfect. It worked really well because that is where my husband was working so I would just ride into town with him when I had my appointments. But now he is getting transferred to a new school only like 10 minutes away from where we live because they want him as close to me as he can be as my due date gets closer and so he can be close to the college to take classes since it is his on-track semester starting in January. So I lose that convienence of going in with him. THEN I found out that when my mom had me (I am the 1st) it was only 4 1/2 hours from when her water broke to when I was born and only 1 hour of that was spent in the hospital (where she went from a 2 to a 10 in like 30 minutes). So I want to switch to doctors in town JUST IN CASE I am quick like my mom (never can be too safe). BUT here is where you guys come in...I am trying to decide between seeing the midwives and a doctor so if anyone has had experience with either one of them tell me what you thought!! What did you like? What did you not like? What would you suggest? This is a big decision and I want to make it ASAP so I can see my new doctor in town for my next appointment.
What do you guys think??

7 comments:
I don't know if you remember how much I traveled when I was prego with Brecken. . .but it was ALOT I would say stay home. SERIOUSLY it will be better for you and the baby and it won't be as bad as you think. REALLY.
I say GO. It's really rare that first time Moms go before their due date. Have fun and enjoy the holidays. If your doc thinks that you'll be fine, then go for it. :)
I love the midwives! Both my babies were delivered by them. They are very supportive of what you want. I had my first baby with out an epidural and my second with an epidural. This is Michelle Mead, by the way. I was in the 51st ward until last april. and we'll be back in January. good luck!
my doc said to not travel out of state in the last month... I'm guessing that is bc between 36-40 weeks you are full term and ok to go into labor. honestly, so close to 36 weeks, I am not sure if I would want to go, simply because I cannot imagine the sitting involved with travel (the bigger you get, the more uncomfortable it becomes) and I want to be in my own bed at that time because I am having sleeping problems too. But if I had to opportunity to visit both of our families at Christmas, I would have a hard time turning it down too LOL!
I don't know much about midwives, so I can't help you with your second question though.
I wouldn't travel for Christmas for a couple reasons...traveling when you are THAT preggers is super unbelievably uncomfortable...you will need to stand up and walk around every hour and even doing that you will still be super uncomfortable...my legs hurt so badly when we drove out to WA when I was only 7 months it was a challenge not to cry. Also, because you haven't been pregnant before you have no idea whether or not you will deliver early. I was due with my first February 9th and delivered 15 days early...We invited our family to join us for Christmas and stayed put.
Also, some OB offices have policies against transfer patients. But, if you are able to transfer then I've heard great things about the midwives at Targhee. But just so you know, if you like your current doctor then I would stick with him/her. You will know when it's time to go to the hospital and because this is your first baby going to the hospital when your contractions start might be a good idea because it is a half hour away.
Good luck with whatever you decide :)
With Maylee I traveled to and from Oakley twice in less than a week for Grandpa's funeral. I was officially about 4 or 5 weeks away from my due date, although I was induced 3 weeks later. That was only a 3 1/2 hour drive each way. I have never been so miserable while pregnant. My feet never got swollen with any of my babies except her. It all stemmed from sitting in the car. And once they started swelling up they did it every day after that regardless of if I was sitting in the car or not. It was the absolute pits.
So, I vote that you don't go unless you fly perhaps. But even then I would probably still say no.
GO! from what i have seen from how you described your pregnancy in your blogs you have had pregnancies very much like my own---Perfect. Yes traveling won't be the most comfortable thing in the world, but being near family will make it so worth it. Besides it sounds like your doctor is supportive.
As for your second question...i say it doesn't matter. You have a low risk pregnancy so there is no reason you should HAVE to stick with the same doctor. However, you may want to because you are comfortable with who you are seeing. Still if you want the midwife experience, there is no reason why you shouldn't try.
Post a Comment