We had such a GREAT anniversary this year!!
I still am in awe that it has been 4 years since we were married! It feels like it has gone so quick but at the same time I feel like we have been together since I can remember. I think it's so cool that I love him SOO INCREDIBLY much more now 4 years later which I never thought was possible. He is the best. And I am the luckiest woman in the world.
The actual day of our anniversary fell on a weekday this year and meant that Richard was gone almost all day at work. When he came home he right away sat me down and had me watch a SWEET video that he made me for our anniversary on one of the days he was sick. He wanted to save it for the day of our anniversary so I was really excited to watch! I had to share because it's just so darn sweet! The video goes through pictures of when he proposed, our engagement pictures, our wedding and reception, pictures from the past few years and our little baby!
Also, he walked in from work he gave me these little treats and a rose which I thought was so sweet! You may think it's weird that he brought me fruit, but I LOVE LOVE fruit so much I was really excited! All of it was SO good. Seriously. Amazing. That pineapple was the best pineapple I have ever tasted. And that drink he brought home I am now ADDICTED TO. It was the best drink I tasted. It's a Sobe drink called "Strawberry Daiquiri" (obviously virgin).
We went to dinner and PIGGED out. We got so much food but I was in heaven (food is my best friend these days). We got so much that we had an entire dinner for the next night :) After dinner we had to run to our child birth class that lasted the rest of the evening. How romantic :)
Because the actual day of our anniversary was so busy and all we had time to do was eat out, we celebrated the entire weekend of Nov. 6-7 and had a BLAST! Every other year we would go to a nice hotel and spend a lot of money, but considering our little boy is coming in 3 months we have been saving as much money as possible and living on as little as we can so we can have a lot of savings for when he comes. I REALLY don't want to have to worry and stress about money when we are adjusting to a new baby. So we decided that this year we would stay home and do cheaper things so we could save the money we would have spent.
So on Friday I made Lasagna (which is one of our favorite meals...but only my Mom's recipe of lasagna) and breadsticks and we had a nice romantic, candle light dinner at home! It was SOOO good.
After dinner we were going to go latin/ballroom dancing on campus but I was afraid that I wouldn't last very long and it would make my body hurt (from standing on my feet for a long time). So we decided to go bowling on campus (our first time at their bowling alley) and actually had a really fun time!! We thought we would only want to bowl for one game but ended up doing two (and I am glad it was only two because I sure hurt after those two games)!
Concentrating really hard :)

My "happy that I got a strike" pose

And his victory pose :)

Our own bowling ball is coming in 90 days!!
After bowling we bought some stuff for our breakfast the next morning and came home and watched some movies. Saturday morning we both slept in super late and woke up to make a super yummy brunch of German pancakes (Our ALL TIME favorite breakfast) and bacon. It was delicious.


After breakfast we got all bundled up and headed out to Mesa Falls. Neither one of us had been before and we were astonished at how GORGEOUS it is out there! Kind of reminded us of home in WA with all the beautiful trees.



4 years down...an eternity to go!! yay! Couldn't think of anything better!


What a HOTTIE!!
After we got home from the falls we went to Craigo's (our favorite pizza place) where we pigged out on pizza. And by the way, I ate MORE THAN RICHARD. That is a first. After Craigo's we went and saw a movie.

I had to include this picture because I thought it was really funny! He was making all these silly faces and so I was just taking pictures. It looks like he is way too excited to eat pizza but knowing how much he loves pizza, I wouldn't be too surprised... :)
Needless to say it was a WONDERFUL and fun weekend!! We had so much fun spending time together and making memories. I can't wait to see what our lives look like and where we will be in another year!
On a whole different note I HAD to share an amazing recipe I found for (basically) pumpkin spiced cream cheese cinnamon rolls! I made them last night and they are DELICIOUS and were gone in seriously 1 minute. In fact they were so good, I am making them again for FHE tonight!
(I made these really quick and was in a hurry so they don't look very pretty and my frosting is a little more orange because I used more pumpkin puree in the frosting than was called for. I love pumpkin flavoring :) )
I changed the recipe a little but it still was amazing. The recipe says to buy crescent roll dough but I just made my own cinnamon roll dough and made it with that. It turned out AMAZING. Here is the recipe: CLICK HERE. This has become a family favorite for us! I am going to try a pumpkin banana bread soon and I will let you know how that turns out!

1 comment:
hey! I finally added you on my blog thing! I know lame... BUt you are seriously so cute preggers! Can't wait to see the little man when he's out!
Post a Comment