Today I am grateful for my dear, wonderful and amazing husband Richard!!! And it is his birthday so I figured it was a great day to write him a little tribute! He is the seriously the best person I have EVER met or heard of. He is such a great example, so kind, so loving, so selfless, so charitable, so righteous, so much fun and SO many other things. He is the best thing that has happened to me and I have never been so happy than I have these past couple years with him. So you all know I ADORE my husband more than anyone else in my life and I could go on and on but I will spare you all of any more sappiness!
For his birthday I decided to do something a little different! He has never had a surprise party and has always wanted one. So this year I decided that was exactly what I was going to do. Friday I asked one of his best friends Trevor to go boxing with him after dinner. He was so excited to go boxing with Trevor and was completely distracted, just like I had hoped. I raced over to my sisters house (where we decided to have the party because I figured that would throw him off even more) to decorate while he was occupied. I picked him from the gym and came home to let him change (and had to stalled for awhile to give Trevor time to get over there). I had told him I was going over to my sisters to "exchange recipes" and after I picked him up I told him that she had invited us to come watch movies with her and her husband. As we walked in and everyone yelled "SURPRISE" he was so incredibly surprised! He was so surprised in fact, he was probably more confused! After a little explaining he finally realized it was for his birthday and was so excited when he started recognizing all of his friends who were there! He kept mentioning how surprised he was which made me glad because it meant he wasn't on to me at all! VICTORY! :)
Richard and some of the guys (Trevor, My bro Stevie, Hunter and Richard)
With one of his "boys" from WA
My sister Caitie (left) and Antonio's wife Michelle (right)...and my goofy kid brother...
My Brother-in-law Jake, Richard and their friend Antonio all had birthdays within a week of each other!
Trying to make sure he didn't blow the candles out as he was talking
and his cake that I slaved over...I wish. The only "slaving" I did with this cake was trying to decide if I should buy this one or a pie... :)
We had a lot of fun Friday celebrating his birthday and he said that it was one of his favorites! We ate the yummy cake, some yummy monkey bread Michelle brought, talked/told stories and watched a movie. I am so glad he had a good birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD!!!!!
p.s. you are the best. and I love you.


No comments:
Post a Comment