Monday, November 10, 2008

Thoughts and goals

So today I got my first Scentsy burner and a new scent and our house smells awesome!! We have neighbors underneath us and to the side who make smelly food (they are of a different nationality so I am sure it tastes good, but the smell that comes up to us isn't...) and so our house constantly smells awful! And our second bedroom, for some reason gets the brunt of the smell. So now we have a burner that makes our whole house smell good, and a plug-in in the second room so hopefully our smelly days are done! :) I love Scentsy.

Also, today is my parents 24th anniversary!! One of my greatest blessings is my parents marriage. Truly, they have the best relationship I have EVER seen. I am so lucky my parents are so in love and happy. After 24 years, many moves, my daddy starting up his own business, 8 kids, my daddy being the bishop etc. etc. they are still just as madly in love as they were since I was a little girl. They treat each other amazing and always put each other first. They are so in love. When I was little, I looked at their relationship and decided I would never settle for anything less. Their relationship is such an example to Richard and I's relationship and I think that having seen how they were able to stay so in love through life, has helped us also stay in love through life. They are so wonderful and I am so glad that 24 years ago today they were married! They are my greatest martial example (and every other example, but today I am talking about marriage so haha). HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!!! :)
This picture is at Richard and I's marriage...I cropped this picture because I thought it was really cute of them, but the whole picture is adorable too so here is the real pic...

So I was doing my visiting teaching yesterday, and I read the article "Finding Joy in the Journey" but President Monson, and I decided something. I read the quote he gave from the story about the man taken as a P.O.W in Vietnam where he was only allowed to write 25 words to his family and he wrote: "These things are important: temple marriage, mission, college. Press on, set goals, write history, take pictures twice a year". As I read that, I realized the thing I needed to do a lot better was setting goals. I have good long-term goals (graduate college, start a family, go to the temple at least every week, stay financailly secure etc.) but my short-term goals are basically non-existent. So this is what I decided I want to do. Every Sunday I want to sit down and write some weekly goals and then every night I want to set daily goals and a tenative schedule for the day. I also decided that I wanted to write some of my weekly goals on my blog so that I am reporting back to someone other than myself and Richard (we are reporting to each other to help our goals actually happen). So here are my weekly goals:
1. Wake up and go to bed earlier
2. Attend temple as much as possible (every day or every other day if possible)
3. Exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes...run for at least a mile
4. Dont speak ill of others
5. Study the scriptures 30 minutes before I do anything in the morning (family and personal)
6. Say prayers as family and personal

Now I know these are quite a few, and if I don't do all of them perfect everyday that is fine. I just want to do as much of them as possible and if I don't do them as much as I would like, they will transfer to the next week. So we will see! :)

1 comment:

Jana Banana said...

sorry i didn't make it to the party i was WAY sick with infections and didn't want to spread them! maybe next time :)