Wednesday, November 5, 2008

3 years down, eternity to go!!

Time sure flies when you are having the time of your life!!!

3 years ago (yesterday...we were too busy celebrating for me to have posted this on our anniversary) I was married to the man of my dreams, who is better than everyone and anyone I have ever met or heard of. 3 years ago, all of my wildest dreams were fulfilled when Richard took me to the temple and I become his wife for eternity. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world, that I was now the wife of the man I had dreamed of and loved my whole life. At that moment I was so thankful for the sealing power in a way I never was before, because as I knelled across the alter, looking into the eyes of my love, I realized that I would be his wife for eternity, and I wouldn't ever have to worry about losing him. I'am so glad that as a little 19 year old, I made this decision to marry Richard which is the best decision I have ever made. ever.
I bet our photographer wasn't supposed to do this... haha...but this is him taking a picture outside of the temple looking in to us the first time we saw each other after our sealing. It was a very special moment. I am glad he caught this moment.
This picture captured my amazing feeling of happiness
Just like yesterday, it was freezing outside so he put a blanket around me! What a sweetheart!
Right out of the temple
Some pictures from our reception...
Now 3 years later, I am more in love with Richard than I was when we were married. It is amazing to me that I am able to say that now 3 years later. He, after being together almost 24/7 for the last 1,095 days, is still the best person that I have ever known or heard of. It is amazing that after all this time we have spent together, I can still say that. I am so lucky to be in love with my best friend, and have eternity to be together as wife and husband and that he is all mine! I still have nightmares that he will decide he dosen't love me and I wake up terrified. Then I look over and see him, realizing he is mine forever and that our love is something so special and real. It is such an amazing blessing. He is the best person ever and I have never been happier in my life. Seriously, he is such a wonderful, perfect husband and there is not one thing I would change about him and I am so lucky I can say that about him. In these last 3 years we have been married, we have done some really fun things! We have worked together; gone to school together; been in all the same classes together; never spent more than 5 hours apart from each other; lived in WA, ID and CA; been on a Caribbean and mexican cruise; been to Disneyland; been camping in WA and ID; drove many roadtrips; stayed in two themed hotels; etc. but more than all of that stuff this is the one thing that makes me the happiest: we are more in love and happy now than we have ever been. That is better than all of the other things we have done or had. And I am not being overly optimistic and unrealistic. That's the cool thing.
So now we are entering another year together and I am excited about all the things that we will face and do this year. Maybe my graduation? Maybe his graduation? Maybe finding out what he will go into (aka: if he doesn't get into the seminary teaching program, we will have a lawyer or marriage/family counselor in the family)? Maybe an awesome graduation trip? Maybe another move? Maybe leaving to go to Grad school? We'll see and I am so excited about another year of the McKenna and Richard adventures!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Isn't marriage great!