Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time flies when you're having a blast!

So three years ago tonight Richard asked me to be his girlfriend! It had been a great day (10 days after our first date) where Richard had picked me up from work with my favorite smoothie from a coffee shop in Sequim (I was completely obsessed with those things!) and a hand picked bouquet of lilac flowers (my favorite summer flower) sitting on the seat. We went to the guys and dolls play at the high school with my friend and her date and while we were sitting there watching the play, several times he would get close to my head and giggle. I kept asking him what was funny and he would say "o nothing". This happened about three times (he was too scared to ask me and was laughing at himself for leaning over multiple times without asking...you should have seen him when he proposed!) until he whispered in my ear "McKenna will you be my girlfriend?" and history can tell the rest. After the play we went into the forest next to my house and with my parents projector, a sheet, and a seat from my parents car, the four of us started the Village (which by the way was so freaking cute because he did it only from remembering that I had mentioned how much fun it would be to watch a movie in the forest)! Of course (since we were in Washington) it started to rain and so we ran in to watch a movie inside. It was so romantic and fun and I am SO incredibly happy that I said yes!! On a side note: we found out that my mom had gone into the hospital during the play and she had my little sister at around 12am! What an eventful day! The coolest part of the whole thing is that I am so much more incredibly happy and in love with Richard today, three years later!! Good memories...

No comments: