I started looking for a job on Monday here in California and so I have a lot of free time on my hands! Richard is working all day and so I am being the mormon house wife for the first time in the two and a half years that we have been married. I have no idea what to do! I have been working full time or going to school full time while working part time ever since we got married and so I never did the house wife thing. The first day I had no idea what to do so I called my mom! :) sad. But I cleaned our house, did all of our laundry, ran errands and all of that stuff. I wish I had my scrap booking things here so I could get caught up with that! Richard came home from work and said he wasn't sure he wanted me to go work because the house looked so nice! But I cant stand sitting idle! The money would be nice, but I mostly want a job to keep me occupied. So on with the job search! But until I get a job I want to get a book to read (I haven't had time to read a book for fun since I started college)! Any Suggestions?
Richard is doing good with his summer job. Its super hard for us to be a part for so long (this is the first time in our marriage that we have been a part for more than like 3 hours while we would work during the semesters) but it will be nice to not have to work during the 8 months while we are in school! But I am definitely going through withdraws for my best friend! So all is well with us in California! :)
Richard is doing good with his summer job. Its super hard for us to be a part for so long (this is the first time in our marriage that we have been a part for more than like 3 hours while we would work during the semesters) but it will be nice to not have to work during the 8 months while we are in school! But I am definitely going through withdraws for my best friend! So all is well with us in California! :)
4 comments:
I totally understand the boredom thing! I felt that way when I was pregnant the first time (I didn't have a job then) and I still feel that way now sometimes. The Twilight series seem to be a really fun little book series. I finished "Twilight" in a little over a day and have started the second one. Definitely a book for girls - you'll laugh, cry, etc. Also, a kids type of book is "Horns and Wrinkles". And there's always parenting books. We like "love and logic magic for early childhood". Hope that helps! Good luck with the job hunt!
I agree about the Twilight series. Lots of fun to read. I am anxiously awaiting #4 and then the movie is fall as well. :)
I also really like the FableHaven series. Both series are written by LDS authors, so that makes it even more fun. Brandon Mull (the author of FableHaven) also wrote a book called Candy Shop War which was a lot of fun. We own all of these books in hardback cause they are so good. :)
Books for Kens to read. Well every girl here in utah, or about every girl, has read twilight so I would suggest that one to get your opinon. Jack Weyland is always good author. The great and the terrible series is a good one I am reading that one the first book is called the brothers, I can't remember the name of the author off the top of my head. Let me think of some other ones and I will try and send more your way.
My mom is an auther - you should check out her books. Her name is Laurie Lewis, or LC Lewis.
Post a Comment