Ok I am really late because TOMORROW...
IS LIAM'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!!!!
Its been really busy lately and I haven't had time to do my catch up posts! Richard is almost half way through his hardest semester yet and is regularly gone from 7am-8 or 9pm. So that doesn't leave me time to do much because Liam keeps me pretty preoccupied! :) Anywho. On to my catch-up post!
This has been a big month for Liam! As you saw in my last post, Liam is walking! Since he was about 10 months old he would take a couple steps on his own and cruise along any piece of steady furniture. As soon as he turned 11 months, he decided that he was ready to walk and hasn't stopped since! At first he would only take about 20+ steps at a time and was pretty unsteady. Now he walks everywhere and is totally steady! He is a pro! It is crazy to turn around and see my little man walking all over the house. He spends all day walking around and exploring the house or playing with his toys. He sure is a curious little man! But it sure makes it hard to take pictures of him because he is constantly walking around and on a mission!
This is one of the only pictures I have of him walking and its the back of his head! He won't stop for me to take pictures because he is too busy exploring our house! By the time I get the camera out he has already past me on one of his "missions" haha!
Another thing that happened this month is Liam now (well almost) has 8 teeth!! He has 4 on bottom and 3 1/2 on top. One of the ones on top is ALMOST finished cutting through. That definitely made for some days of a cranky baby covered in spit but it sure makes eating easier!
This month we also worked to wean him off his bottle. He LOVES his bottle so I wanted to start sooner rather than later because I heard the longer you wait the harder it is because they are even more used to it. After searching for awhile, I found a sippy cup I thought he would really like. We tried it about a week ago and he drank from it no problem at all. But he did have a problem when I laid him down. For a couple days he had a hard time with the fact he wasn't going to have a bottle before going to sleep. I made the mistake of getting him in the habit of drinking a bottle before going to sleep and that was his "cue" that it was time for sleep and so I would lay him down and he knew it was time for bed so he would go right to sleep. It took us a couple days, but now he back to the same routine of going straight to sleep without any crying (KNOCK ON WOOD) once I lay him down after a sippy cup of a milk and brushing his teeth. He is also almost totally weaned off his formula and on to Goats milk. He is allergic to milk (the protein) and his doctor said the next best option with the best amount of calcium and calcium absorption is Goats milk. He seems to like it a lot and we are down to only 2 oz of formula per bottle. I am glad it wasn't as hard as I was expecting.
And here are a couple pictures from this month:
![]() |
| He loves putting his tooth brush through this tube |
![]() |
| I may be biased but I think he is so beautiful |
![]() |
| I put his toy out in the hallway so I could vacuum and he sat out there playing with it forever |
![]() |
| Back to playing |
![]() |
| He always has the cutest sleepy hair! This was after his nap today |
Wondering why I have so few pictures of Liam this month? Here is why:
At 11 months Liam can...
--Walk on his own
--Put objects into containers (he LOVES doing that)
--Say "mama" and "dada" to correct parent
--Plays peek-a-boo
--Stoop from standing position
--Understand "no" and "yes"
(when I ask him questions he will indicate what he wants by shaking his head "yes" or "no")
--Sign "all done" and working on "more"
--Imitate others activities
--Indicate wants by gestures
--Scribble with a crayon
--Say "hi"
--Bend over to pick an object up while standing/walking
--Enjoys gazing, smiling and talking to his own reflection
--Throw a ball straight and with a lot of force
--Imitate the sound of a dog, lion and dinosaur if he sees them or if asked
--Turn pages in a book when prompted
ETC
At 11 months Liam likes...
--His toothbrush and toothpaste container
--Putting things into containers
--Giving mommy kisses and loves (my favorite thing)
--Eating: corn, peas, cheerios, baby yogurt melts, dehydrated fruit, peeled apples, tortilla chips, spaghetti, meat, rice crispies, oranges, bananas baby food version of: banana, sweet potato, squash, any fruit combo
--When Daddy comes home from school
--When Daddy plays with him
--Wrestling with mommy
--Dogs!! He is so cute with them! If he sees a dog or anyone mentions a dog he starts barking!
--Turning the pages in the books while I read to him
--Being chased! Even if I start talking like I am going to "come get him" he gets super excited
--Playing with his toys in his room
--Bath time!
--Sitting on my lap and watching videos of lions, dogs or babies on youtube (THIS is his favorite)
--Drinking water or milk from his sippy cup
--Walking all over
--Playing with other kids his age or older
--Watching people at the grocery store and walmart
--Playing with cellphones! He squeals and gets SO excited when I open mine up and let him play with it
--Watching videos I have taped on our camera
--Playing with the dishwasher
--Playing with his humidifier
--Scribbling on a piece of paper
--Sucking on my hair when I get out of the shower
At 11 months Liam dislikes...
--Me feeding him if he isn't feeding himself at the same time
--Staying still for a diaper change
--Having a picture taken of him because he wants to see the LCD screen
--Being wiped down after eating
--









No comments:
Post a Comment