I can't believe it! My little man is a year old! All day I kept looking at him and thinking "A year ago my water broke." or "I was just getting the epidural" or "We were on our way to the hospital a year ago right now". It's crazy to me that was a YEAR AGO. I had moments of sadness that his life is passing by so quick and one year is already just memory. But there were a lot of moments of happiness that he is such a healthy and happy baby a year later. A year ago I was just starting to realize how amazing it is to be a mom when I met him for the first time, stared into his big blue eyes and automatically felt the most intense and tangible love that I have ever felt. He was my son and I wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of my life staring into those big eyes and watching him grow. Now here I am as his mom a year later and I love him more every single day. The gratitude I feel that he is part of my life overwhelms me every single day. Even when I have baby food all over my clothes, my hair is caked with his food because he loves to pull me in to give me kisses while he eats, I am tired from waking up with him because his teeth hurt, my house is covered in toys no matter how much I cleaned just an hour before I wouldn't trade it for the world!! Being his mommy is the most wonderful thing I could ever imagine. I am SO grateful he is my little man and for the amazingly sweet, kind and overwhelmingly happy spirit that he has.
I hesitate putting this picture on here because it was such a sacred and special moment looking at him for the first time but I can't help it. I love that I have a picture of one of the BEST moments of my entire life. It's one of my most prized possessions. I hope I can capture this moment in a picture or video with all the rest of our kids!
Today was a fun day! He was a little cranky and I am sure his 8th tooth coming through is the culprit so I tried to make his day the best possible. We mostly just played all day and relaxed! I wanted to take him out and do some special thing but because Richard was in school all day he couldn't join us so we are really going to celebrate on Saturday so he can come! Richard did give Liam the best present today and was able to come home for about an hour before Liams nap and they had so much fun playing together! I took a quick video of it; its dang cute!
Playing in his room after breakfast
Then today we had some of our good friends over for a little party. We are having his big friend party with a lot of his little buddies on Saturday and I am excited to see how that turns out! We had dinner, cup cakes and opened some quick presents!
Playing with some of his new toys with his friends
The cup cakes were a funny story! Liam has never had sweets unless they were in the form of fruit (fruit juice, fruit baby food etc.) and so I was curious how it would go. I figured he would either love it or hate it. Well he definitely hated it tonight! He got a couple licks, but mostly didn't want to even touch it. I was a little disappointed he wasn't going to get all messy but I am glad he doesn't like sweets a lot! He is like his mama. I like fruit SO much more than any other sweets and most sweets just make me feel nasty afterwards so I don't eat very many. I am interested to see how Saturday goes when he has another try with a cupcake!
That is a silly happy face, I promise!
The most he touched the cup cake was a poke or two!
Richard did an amazing job decorating! He used 2 entire rolls of crape paper!
Listening to my family sing him Happy Birthday while we opened presents
I have a ton of videos that I took of the party but I want to go to bed and don't have the patience to let them download on youtube. But today was such a wonderful day commemorating the beautiful birth of my beautiful (okay well handsome) little man. That was one of THE BEST days of my life and I am so thankful I get to spend every day with him for the rest of my life! I LOVE YOU LIAM!!!!
3 comments:
That picture of you seeing Liam for the first time really is priceless and precious and everything in between. We love Li-bum: ) So glad he's here!
I can't believe he is a year old, and Walking! Time has flown. I am glad you had so much fun with him on his birthday.
Ok, he is seriously adorable!!!
Post a Comment