Thursday, February 17, 2011

Liams "friend" party

When I was growing up we had 2 birthdays. One with the family on the actual birthday and another party we called the "friend" party usually the weekend after the actual birthday. We had Liams "friend" part February 12th and it was so much fun! I decided on a jungle themed birthday because he LOVES lions, monkeys and really any other animals. I think it turned out really cute!
Richard did such a good job decorating! It looked way better in person :)


For activities I bought some cool raised stickers of jungle animals and the kids drew pictures and put the stickers on their pictures. We also blew bubbles which Liam LOVED! It was his first exposure to bubbles and lets just say he is totally addicted! :) I was going to plan more but I knew they would all end up playing in Liams room with his toys, and thats exactly what they did for the rest of the party! 

Liam LOVES his friend...but I am not sure how she feels about his crush! ;)

His cupcake experience was the same as his birthday. Except this time he wouldn't touch it until everyone was gone and I was feeding him dinner when he finally poked it and ate a couple bites. Progress is progress. Like I said before, I am not too disappointed he won't eat sweets! Hopefully that lasts for awhile. But he got one of those big gourmet suckers as one of his presents and he wouldn't part with it! He was totally hooked. I should have just somehow stuck a candle on it so we could sing to him with that! Within a couple hours, he ate the entire thing! Maybe it isn't that he doesn't like sweets but he is like his mama. I really don't like cake and frosting at all. Weird I know. 


Here is a video of Liam with his beloved sucker:

Mommy and Daddy cuddling with the birthday boy

Liam also got a present that he loves! We taped him playing with it after the party and its dang cute! (O and excuse the state of my house. The party had just ended and I was feeding him dinner before bed!)

It was a really fun day celebrating with some of his little friends! And with that our celebrating of his birthday was over! Honestly I was a little sad because I had so much fun celebrating my special little man! He's probably wondering what he did to have such awesome "play dates"! :) It makes me excited for next year when he knows what is going on and can get excited about his birthday!

Photobucket

P.S. Are you proud of me?! I am all caught up on my blogging!! I am so glad to get everything down. To be 100% caught up, maybe one day I will have Richard write about his awesome service trip to Honduras but it probably won't be until way later during a break from school. He is so busy with school that I would rather spend time with him then have him write something on my blog! :) But until then, you can see all the pictures in his facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1420476479&aid=2070649

No comments: