We had a great weekend this last weekend! Richard had Thursday and Friday off work (SOO nice) so we decided to head to his parents house for the long weekend. After we got there we all decided it would be fun to go to Richard's brothers house (which was only a couple hours away) because we all hadn't seen him & his family for awhile! They have the cutest kids and it was really fun to spend some time with them! We got to their house just in time for the boys to head to the priesthood session so us girls went SHOPPING!! We planned to go to Tai Pan, Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. But we went to Tai Pan first and ended up being there for almost 2 hours!! That store is AWESOME! If you have never been there, GO!!! They have the cutest stuff ever. It was packed full of girls doing the same thing we were doing (enjoying girl time while their husbands were at the priesthood session) and they were giving 25% off! I found an awesome fall scent for my Scentsy burner (basically apple cinnamon) which I was excited about because I really wanted to find a festive scent now that it is fall. We hit Target before we all got tired which was nice because we browsed the baby section and they gave me some great ideas and advice! It was a really fun weekend and it was nice to be with family while listening to General Conference!
So I am now 5 1/2 months pregnant and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being pregnant! I know everyone will say "well just wait until your third trimester" or "you won't for much longer" or "it's just because you are in the "honeymoon" of pregnancy". But seriously, I am sure that I will love it just as much in the third trimester even though I will be uncomfortable and miserable because I will still be growing our adorable little boy! Pregnancy isn't a walk in the park but it is AMAZING and I LOVE it! Feeling our little boy bump around and kick (like he's doing right now) makes everything so worth it! Richard and I both wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't wait very long after this little guy is born to add another little one to the family. We both love this so much.

(22 weeks 1 day belly)
So lately I have been feeling pretty good! I mean I am still tired, I am CONSTANTLY hungry with the biggest appetite, my back & hips hurt from the extra strain of my belly and I don't have a lot of energy but I really think it is the best that I have felt! No sickness, no food aversions (in fact I have quite the opposite), the kicks don't hurt yet (even though I have had a couple that almost hurt) etc. But I have noticed that as my belly grows a lot, I feel super stretched! Also, I can tell that he is really growing because especially when I sit down it's harder to breathe. One of the coolest things happened the other day though. I was laying in bed on my side reading a baby magazine waiting for Richard as he was getting ready for bed. Our little boy started kicked REALLY hard and so I told Richard to come in so he could feel him again. He made it in time and was amazed at how much stronger he is getting (it's true...his kicks are getting a lot stronger). Then he took his hand away and we got to WATCH as he kicked my stomach! It was so neat. So on thebump.com they say that this week the baby starts having 12-14 hour sleep schedules and that you can tell when they are by when the kicking starts and stops. I swear our little guy never sleeps! At least it doesn't seem like it. He moves around almost all day but his kicks are really strong and more often right around lunch, a little while after dinner and during the night. When ever I get up to go to the bathroom (which is like 3 times a night haha) it's hard to get back to sleep because he seems to be launching off on side of my belly and smacking into the other side! It's so cute.
Well here is a real belly picture that I took yesterday at 22 weeks 1 day

And here is the official word about this week from baby center:
"At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily."

So in other baby news I started working on our second room to get it ready for the baby furniture we picked up this weekend. Before I post a picture of when I first started I need to add a disclaimer: This room WAS CLEAN right before I got pregnant. But unfortunately (and here comes the confession) after getting pregnant when I was sick and tired I got into the naughty habit of sometimes putting things into the second bedroom and not into their correct spot. So it filled up REALLY quick. Also, this picture was taken after I unloaded the two big closets in the room into the middle of the floor. This is embarrassing but here is the before picture of the second bedroom:
But now it is totally cleaned out except for the baby furniture that needs to be put together! I am so excited to get it all set up and I will put a picture on here when it's done. I was kind of hesitant of cleaning & organizing the room this early but I am SOOO glad that I did! It sure wore me out! But I did it and the closets and the room is totally organized! I am not going to tell you about the status of our storage though. :) That's another project for another day. But now we have a clean room to put our crib, changing table, glider and all the clothes we have for our little guy!
And for the last picture! We made our first "big" (at least bigger than the outfit we bought the other day) baby purchase before we left for the weekend! EVERYONE was telling me to get a rocker recliner because it is so much more comfortable than a rocking chair. Well I found a used leather rocker recliner for $50 that is SOO comfortable and totally matches the things in our living room! We have a really nice glider that we are going to put into the babies room so that I can rock him before putting him to bed and then have the recliner in the living room so that I can be more comfortable when I am feeding him every 2-3 hours during the day! The pictures pretty dark, but it is a dark green leather recliner.
Well life is great and we are getting SOO excited to be able to kiss our little boy in about 4 months!! Sorry one more thing...I realized that at the next general conference I will have a TWO MONTH OLD!!! Wow. I really can't wait! :)
p.s. sorry this post was so long :)

6 comments:
Pregnancy is always incredible and amazing. Sure, people may say "just wait until you get bigger". Yes, it gets really uncomfortable and at times miserable but even so, it's still COMPLETELY AMAZING!! I'm glad you're loving it so much!
That's awesome you're enjoying it! I just remember thinking: he's only going to be inside me for such a short time. And I just wanted to soak it up!
You are such a cute prego!! ;) The reason why he kicks you at lunch dinner and at bed time when you are not doing anything is because he isn't getting swished sleeply around in that wonderful fluid so when you stop and sit and is saying "Hey mom! why did you stop come on keep rockin me!!" lol You are going to be such a good mommy! And rich is going to be a swell dad!
you have the cutest belly :)
Kenna, that is exciting that you are getting the nursery put together. I want to come see. Looks like a nice chair. Good luck and if you need any help, I am ALWAYS home. Love ya
You look great McKenna! I loved being pregnant too - every single minute of it! Love hearing and seeing how happy you guys are - you deserve it!
Post a Comment