Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a healthy, adorable baby.....

(We had to go out and buy the first outfit!)

BOY!!!!!!!!!
So 17 of you or 51% were right!

We are SOOO excited and SOO in love with him already!! Everything went so well! But first, I have to show you the pictures! What can I say? I am a proud mama!

What a CUTE profile pic! I think he is already so adorable! We decided that he has my lips and Richards chin! :) haha

There is no denying it...he is DEFINITELY a boy! :)

He started swallowing some of the amniotic fluid while we were looking at his profile! I thought it was so cool! I am going to try to get the clip of him drinking it on here but we'll see.

For quite a while his legs were crossed in front of his face!

Look at his adorable tiny foot!!!! I am in love.

Here he is looking at us with a cute body shot! The typical alien shot ;)

It's hard to see, but this is a picture of two of his fingers...almost like he is giving us the peace sign letting us know everything is going great! :)

Man I am on cloud 9! So here is the story: As we were waiting to go in for the ultrasound I was so excited I was trembling! Of course that's always what I do when I am excited! The tech started the ultrasound and immediately we saw our little baby! We both were STUNNED at how much he had grown! The tech started measuring all of his body parts including his head, brain, bones, kidneys, heart, stomach and everything else! As she was measuring his legs she asked "wanna know what you are having? It is DEFINITELY a boy!!" and there was no denying it (reference to pic #2 haha)! I wasn't surprised because let's just say I was about 99% sure our baby was a boy! But I was so incredibly excited to hear that our little baby was in fact a boy! So after going over his whole body, the tech told us that he looks totally healthy and everything looks perfect! She also said that my placenta and the cord is positioned in the most common & good spot but it can make it more difficult to feel the baby because it gives extra padding. We must have a really strong little guy because I feel him really strong a lot during the day! :) When we met with the doctor he said that the baby actually measured a week bigger but they weren't going to bother changing my due date. O well. So really, my due date should have been changed to February 2nd. It was really nice to hear that not only is he healthy, but he is growing so well!!! I did however change my due date so it is going off my last period which bumps it up two days to Feb. 7th. That's the due date they actually gave me at first and told me to stick with. I am not quite sure why I went with Feb. 9th! haha. But anyways the doctor said that also according to other measurements that everything looks great & my chances of pre-term labor are really slim (like length of my cervix, amount of amniotic fluid there is etc.)! The baby also weighs 14 oz! Almost a pound! So he also said that everything looks perfect, healthy and GREAT! I WAS SO EXCITED TO HEAR THAT!!! So of course, we had to go out and buy our first baby boy outfit which is the first picture! And we went out to eat also to celebrate which was so fun!

We are SOOOOOOOO incredibly excited to welcome our baby boy into our family in a couple months!!! and I am SOOO excited that I am half-way finished with the pregnancy!! That means we are even closer to holding him!! :) :) :)

P.S. I was going to take a 20 week belly picture on Tuesday when I was first 20 weeks, but didn't have time. So check back because I will add it on this post when I take it hopefully tomorrow!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Kacey said...

how fun and exciting!!! I love love love ultrasounds!!! He's going to be such a cute little boy!

carmen said...

These are great ultra sound photos. CONGRATULATIONS! The Wikers are so happy for you!!

Zak and Allysia said...

Yay baby boy!!! Funny thing, my daughter was due Feb 9th (2007) but was born Jan 25th. Good luck! SO good to hear your lil' guy is healthy and growing well :)

Miriam said...

WOW! I have never seen such a great gender pic!! HA!! I am so happy for you! And am so happy you were right and he is growing healthy!

Amanda said...

congrats! he is so cute already! i seriously cannot believe that "boy" pic! now i know what to look for when i go in for my u/s!

oh and its actually pretty common for them to not change the due date later on in pregnancy- and as long as you've had an early "dating" ultrasound then they will stick with the date they got first because babies start to grow at different rates around now. like katherine was only 6lbs 6oz full term, but there have clearly been 9lb babies at the same gestational age. but everything stays the same development wise- like lung maturity, etc. so thats why they usually wont change the date. at my 20wk (okay 18 week!) scan with katherine she was measuring a week behind and that is what they told me. i was so glad that i didnt have to be prego another week longer! and besides babies come when they are ready anyway. i am hoping for 2 weeks early with this one. wishful thinking.. yes!

Jenny and Travis said...

You guys are SO adorable! You're the cutest expecting parents ever! Yea for a little boy! And he DOES look just SO cute already! I'm glad you were able to get so many pictures of him, and that the measurements for both of you are looking great. I can't believe you're already halfway through your pregnancy...ahhh! So exciting!! And your first outfit for him is so adorable too. Again, I am so happy and excited for you guys! --Jenny

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Kenna, That is so awesome! I am sooo excited for you. You deserve this, BIG time. He will be beautiful, just like you.

*Amber* said...

Where is that picture of you and your little boy! I wanna see!!

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Boys are SO much fun!! I'm very glad that the pregnancy is going so great!