Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A last summer escapade + week 19 baby update!

This last weekend I decided that before the summer ended (or the nice weather) I had to have some smores. It was a must. We had totally planned on doing it while my parents were in town and they even bought everything for it but we never got the time to do it. So everytime I opened my cupboard, I was reminded that I had everything we needed! So we did it! Richard taught a 14-year old sunday school class a couple years ago in WA and he is still really, really tight with the kids. Most of them graduated this last year and a couple of the boys are here at school with us. So we rounded them up, bought some wood and headed to roast marshmellows!
With all the boy scouts in our group, we had a pretty dang good fire!

So funny story. we realized as we were leaving that we had nothing to cut the wood with and grabbed Richard's sword that he made in his Dad's shop a while ago. It actually worked really well! I tried to get pictures of the boys chopping the wood with a sword but my camera is totally useless sometimes. So Richard decided he wanted to roast his marshmellow with his sword! I just thought this picture was funny...the traditional way (the sticks) vs. the nontraditional way (the sword)

Heres a better shot of him using his sword!

We had a fun night and will probably do it again soon...that is if I don't eat all the chocolate and graham crackers before we get a chance to do it again!

So about our baby!
I am now a WEEK away from being half-way done with the pregnancy and the second trimester! I can't believe how fast it has gone! But I have a feeling the last half won't go as quick...boo. I have been feeling better but still really tired. That probably won't change for the rest of my life! For now it's because I am growing a baby but then it will be because the baby won't sleep. :) I have also had some back aches when I am too active (like cleaning too much etc.) and for some reason I have canker sores! I hate canker sores and I hope they go away. But feeling the baby more frequently makes ALL of the uncomfortable things TOTALLY worth it! In fact yesterday during F.H.E with our good friends the Jensens, the baby was moving all over the place and kicking really hard! It was so adorable.I also feel like I have been growing a lot lately! I am going to hold out on a belly pic though because I want to have the 20 week belly shot in a week what you compare the previous weeks too. I just feel like recently I have grown a lot in the space of a week and I am sure I will grow more in the next week so there will be actually a difference to compare past pictures to.
So we find out what we are having next Wednesday too!! yay!! We originally had it scheduled for next Tuesday but I changed it so that I could have the ultrasound with the way better tech at the office. It was definitely worth waiting a day to get this specific tech! Needless to say, I am getting SOO anxious to find out what we are having! We haven't bought anything yet because I want to wait until we know what the baby's gender is!
So here is the official word about this week:
(I know it's kinda weird to compare the baby to fruit & veggies...but it's a fun reference)

"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her/his brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her/him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Her/his arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her/his kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her/his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."
Even though I am trying to enjoy each day, I sure hope this week goes quick!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Katie G. said...

Yay!!! One week and you get to find out the gender! I'm so excited for you guys!

Enriquez Family said...

hey! thanks for the comment, i added you to my blog!