Friday, September 4, 2009

Farewell summer

It hit me the other day that our summer is officially over. When Richard started student teaching on Monday it ended. Sure the weather is still nice and warm, but the freedom of summer is passed. Honestly, I am fine with that because I had a great summer and I am ready for the next season. I am not ready to be frigidly cold, but I am ready for the newness of a new season and of course the beautiful colors. It sure is pretty here when the leaves start changing! This summer containted all of the following:
--I finished school (yay)
--Worked in the temple for about a month
--Felt like it was the right time to have a baby and got pregnant (woot!)
--Richard started his in-service training for seminary teaching
--We got to see our baby several times which was awesome
--Went swimming at the near-by lake
--Played a lot with some of our good friends
--Had almost my entire family stay in our two bedroom apartment
--Drove from ID to CA then from CA to WA and flew from WA to ID (not so fun)
--Watched as my dear sister was married to her now husband in the San Diego temple (amazing)
--I was her photographer at the temple and two receptions
--Went to good ol' WA
--Richard hurt himself again while in WA (he hurts himself every summer that we go to WA...this time he sprained his ankle really bad while exercising)
--Got to see Harry Potter at the I-MAX in Seattle (epic)
Among other fun things

We didn't do some of the following this summer:
--Go camping (which I am not upset about because I don't think pregnancy & camping would mix very well...at least not for me)
--Roast marshmellows & make smores (but with this nice weather I am sure we could still do this on a weekend)
--Get to go swimming or even go to the most breathtaking lake in WA
--Can or make jam out of our berry picking spoils

and some other summery things. But those are on the top of my list for next summer! And next summer we will have a little wee one who needs to be introduced to the fun summer rituals. It will make those things we missed out on this summer even more fun next summer! I cannot believe another summer is over and that fall is soon approaching. But like I said, I am excited for the next season!
Photobucket

p.s. sorry this is a rather boring posts with no pictures.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

if you are anything like me you will NOT be frigid in the winter haha. i had katherine in march 2008 and that whole winter i was seriously going outside in a t-shirt with no coat and was STILL warm all the time. there was snow all over the ground and i wanted the air conditioner. brian thought i was crazy! im hoping for that again this time around because i HATE winter! haha.

Jenny and Travis said...

Ooh we miss you guys! How I wish "doing pizza and games with Jenny and Travis" was on your summer do list! I'm glad you've gotten to do some really fun things this summer though! --Jenny
P.S. What is the most breathtaking lake in WA?

Richard and McKenna said...

Amanda--Yay! I hope that happens with me! I hate being cold during the winter so that would be awesome!

Jenny--We miss you guys a lot too!! We really miss those fun game & pizza nights with you two! :( Bummer that Ohio is so far away! By the way, Grace is so dang cute! I can't believe how big & grown-up she is now!!
(Lake Crescent is the lake I was talking about! Have you guys been there? It's GORGEOUS!!)