Sorry about the corny title! I couldn't help myself :)
Ever since we have come to college Richard has wanted to do guitars unplugged (for those of you who don't know what guitars unplugged is it is the biggest and most attended activity where people try out, if they get in they play either Thursday or Friday and if they are good enough they are asked to play on the huge Saturday event). Every semester he would mention that he wanted to try out but every semester life would happen and we would remember about it after it had already passed. This semester my sisters husband had a band and they needed a bass player and about 2 days before the try-outs they asked Richard if he would play with them. He was SOO excited and happy that he was going to have a chance to finally do guitars unplugged. They played Ben Harpers song "Steal my Kisses" and did an awesome job at try-outs and needless to say made it in. They played Thursday night and they were definitely one of the favorites that night. Every one was going CRAZY! Richard had so much fun performing and really hoped that they would be asked to play on Saturday. Well not only were they asked to play Saturday but they were asked to play first (the best from Thursday's show is the first and the best from the Friday night show is the last to play Saturday)!!!! They were so excited! Saturday my sister, brother and I got all ready and went to where it was going to be an hour early so we could get good seats figuring that no one would be there yet. But there were SO many people there an hour early and I was SO glad we went when we did! We had some time before the show started after the guys did sound check so we took some pictures :)
We were having way too much fun.
There were SO many people there by the time it started! The ENTIRE Hart building was completely full including people sitting down on the floor. We sat on the floor because it was the closet you could get (but MAN did it hurt my hips & back!! It was a sacrifice worth making but let's just say I was DEFINITELY waddling by the time it was finished)! To give you an idea, this picture shows 1/3 of the amount of people there were:
It was as full as it could possibly be! Probably about 7,000 people were there!!
As they were starting and getting set-up I got the rush of excitement like you do at any concert! but the best part was that my husband was one of the guys playing! It was so fun! It took me back a couple years and made me feel like the little teenager that had a super crush on Richard when I was in high school! :) Here they are getting set-up before the lights turned on:
And the rest of these pictures are pics that I took as they were playing! It was so fun to watch them! My brother-in-law Jake played the guitar & harmonica, Richard played the bass, Spencer played the Mandolin and Justin played the drums.
As if these pictures weren't enough here are some videos!! :) I included both Thursday and Saturday performance videos on here because the one from Saturday is hard to listen to. Because we were sitting so close to the speakers/stage and it was recorded on a camera the sound quality is not good at all. In fact it's horrible. But the Thursday show is easier to listen to! So it's your choice.
Saturday night was SO MUCH FUN!!! The crowd loved them! There were so many other talented people who played in guitars unplugged and it was so fun to watch them, but of course I thought they did the best :) Afterwards we all went out to a late dinner to Craigo's for their pizza buffet and STUFFED ourselves! I LOVE having some of my brother & sisters here and hanging out with them! It was such a fun night!
In totally un-related news, I became 24 weeks on Sunday and I thought that I would do a baby update after my 24 week appointment this week! I can't believe that I am starting my 6th month! Crazy how time flies! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment