First off, we realized that this has been our fourth valentines together! Wow time sure flies by when you are having the time of your life! :)
Our Valentines this year started earlier in the week. A couple weekends ago my best friend Nicole and I made valentine cards for our husband. I only had time to make three so I decided to hide the notes I made with a sweet note inside for Richard to find through out his day starting Wednesday. It was really cute, because I started finding love notes hidden in different places right back! It was really fun (I want to take pictures of the notes because they are cute! Especially the ones Richard made me hehe)!
Also, Thursday before Valentines Richard and I went to our ward Valentines dance! It was a lot of fun spending time with our friends from the ward and dancing it up! Here is one picture we took there (we had "dance pictures" taken there so I will upload them after we get them)

As students, we decided that the most fun way to spend our valentines would just be relaxing together to recharge (since it is almost midterms...weird...)! We thought it might be fun to do something outside, then we decided it is WAY too cold to enjoy anything outside, so the most fun thing we could thing of was to just VEG!! We haven't been able to sit around doing what ever we want for years. School just won't let us pull that off. So we slept in (which I haven't been able to do all semester so that was AWESOME) and went to breakfast at J.B.'s! We stuffed ourselves, went to wal-mart to buy Scrabble and came home and watched movies while we finished our Risk game (I was beating him...until I started to roll horribly every turn...not cool) and then I got a full body massage. It was awesome. Then we went and had a huge dinner at Applebees and came home and played Scrabble while watching Chocolat. We had planned to dip srawberries in chocolate while watching the movie, but they didn't have strawberries at the store! Come on, it's Valentines!! So we bought some pineapple instead.
It was the perfect day! We didn't have to do anything so just laid around together and ate out every meal. We were going to make a huge seafood dinner at home, but I am sick of dishes. So we took a break to slow down and just enjoy spending time together. Now I can conquer the last half of my last semester at college!!!
Right before we went out to dinner
Man, I love him.
Things got a little silly later...he was trying to brush his teeth, but I was having too much fun to let him finish ;)O and I also got to hear my song he wrote me!! It was so cute!! He actually made me cry. It was adorable. I recorded it, but is hard to hear. It's my new favorite song.
So this has been one of my favorite valentines day. It was a lot of fun!
Can you tell you tell that Valentines is a big deal at our home? Well, it is! We love excuses to celebrate our love. Even though we do everyday, it's nice to have a special day set aside. :)
4 comments:
sounds like a great day, you guys are too cute :)
we had breakfast at jbs too!
Sounds like so much fun! I love those completely relaxing days with my sweetheart, too! I hope you guys are doing well, it sounds like it! Take care!
thats so cute! :) This made me so happy to hear that you guys had a good valentines day :)
What a fabulous Valentine's Day! I'm glad you guys got to just relax and spend time together. It's fun to see how much you enjoy each other's company and celebrating your love! =) --Jenny
Post a Comment