Saturday, October 25, 2008

Being festive!

So last week our friends and us realized we hadn't carved pumpkins yet, so they asked us if we would like to join them! It was a lot of fun! We all decided that we wanted to do pumpkin carving and treats so Rich and I tried our hand with caramel apples. Starting this year, we are going to make caramel apples together to enjoy while we carve, as a new family tradition! Of course, this year it was simply caramel but the next years we want to get more creative...
We decided to cut up an apple and do slices...I liked them sliced because they were easier to eat
I love his smile! He is so cute...

Then we went to Albertsons with our friends the Checketts and the Baxters and picked out some pretty sweet pumpkins! We brought them back to our house and carved pumpkins with Michael Jacksons Thriller in the background (which is definitely a necessity)! It was a lot of fun! We carved a cute smiley faced pumpkin, the Checketts did a cool "evil" faced pumpkin and a moon and bat; and the Baxters did a Jolly Roger! If I had been thinking better, I would have gotten pictures of their pumpkins. Dang it. They were so cool!
All of us about to start! (haha sorry Britt, I borrowed your picture! :) I didn't get one with everyone smiling...wish you were in this one!) Here we go! This was my first time doing most of the carving! We got a smaller one for Richard to paint and I took over the rest of the carving! I wanted to try my hand at it...
Hahaha!! Brittneys face says it all...
Cleaning it out

All clean...
...with Richards drawing to help me carve (had to do something more simple before I try the cool stencils haha)...
And now it's carving time!
Us with our final projects! Yes, this is a self timed picture so we are scrunched in weird but it's all good.

We had a lot of fun getting into the spirit of Halloween with our friends! I love this time of year because there are so many festive things to do!

2 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

IT was So much fun! Thanks for letting us join in the fun!

Jana Banana said...

cute little punkin! this is the first year i have ever decorated for halloween..... and it was actually tons of fun!!!