Rules Once Tagged:
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
1) When I was about 7 years old there was a huge fire where me and my family were living (Laguna Beach, California). I remember after my teacher found out that the fire was coming down the valley toward the school she started freaking out and we all thought our families had died. The school was evacuated and basically so was the town. My Mom stopped at people's houses from the ward on our way to help my great grandma evacuate her house, to help them get the important things out (we had a lot of our pictures etc. in the car) and they were all panicking and screaming. My great grandmas house burned completely down, I watched my friends house burn as we were driving out of the town (we barely made it out in time...) and we went to the ward building (we had no where else to go until my Dad left work to come meet us) where I watched the fire burn an entire neightborhood a block away and the sky was completely black. We had to go to my grandmas house (which looked out on the city and was safe from the fire) and from the windows could watch the fire burning the city...it was freaky!! Here is a picture of basically what I saw from my grandma's house. The 1993 Laguna Beach fire was California's worst brush fire and the fire stopped at the back yard of our neighbors house across the street... I can tell you more about it later in person if anyone wants haha...it's a cool story :)
2) Surprisingly, I LOVE natural disasters and I get excited about them when they happen. When I was younger "Deep Impact" was my favorite movie. Weird, I know. You'd think the opposite would happen with the above experience and I was in the aftershock of the huge San Fransisco earthquake. Maybe that is why I like them! :)
3) I would honestly take fruit any day over candy. I LOVE fruit and berries...we want to have a huge orchard and berry field when we settle down. Of course, I have a constant sweet tooth and so if there is no fruit, I will eat candy! I love sweets!!
4) I have played 5 instruments: the violin (don't play anymore but want to take it up again), Cello (same situation), the flute (still play), the piccolo (still play) and the piano (still play). If singing and the guitar (which Richard is teaching me) counts, then I have "played" 7. :) My grandpa is a concert pianist and his mother was a professional singer, so music has always been important in our family.
5) I am one of those weird people who LOVE to cook, clean and organize. The smell of clean things (like clothes and houses) is one of my favorite smells. I am excited because now that I am taking less credits which are all on-line I actually have time to do all of that stuff. Until now, I was going to school full-time and working and so I never got to do any of it (our house sorely suffered). I was cleaning yesterday and Rich said that he loves me being home...he said it was because he liked seeing me doing things I enjoyed, but I think it was really because the house is finally always clean :) He was so good though before when I was so busy...we would help me make dinner and clean when I didn't have time to do it myself. He's awesome. Sorry, got off on a tangent...
6) I also have to completely make the bed before I go to sleep. Richard loves to tease me about it...but it's just one of those things! Along those lines, I am also a perfectionist and very indecisive. My mom laughs at me when she watches me do something, and says that those things will be completely pushed out once we have kids. :)
Who's tagged now?
1. Nicole (you better do this one...I am curious! haha)
2. Miriam
3. Cassie
4. Brittany
5. Amanda
6. Kirsten
and anyone else who would like to try!
Have fun guys! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment