Monday, June 30, 2008

The family reunion!

We just got back from my family's reunion which was a blast!! We got together with my mom's side of the family and it was amazing to see how 60 + people could come from one single couple. It was so much fun, including the 18 hour road trip (which is a surprise, considering we had 10 people in the car together). We spent a week at bear lake in a lodge that we filled completely with the family! We had wild nights of taboo, rummikub, ping pong, pool and four wheeling. We also spent an entire day at the lake (which ended in sunburns for my immediate family...thats what happens when you are from Washington) going swimming and kayaking. We then went to my grandmas house for another 4 days after the official reunion which included more wild game nights, and a family trip to the Provo temple (I think that was my favorite part). It was so much fun rekindling the relationships with my family and spending some quality vacation time with my hubby!!
here we go on our 18 hour road trip!!
On the ferry to start our road trip...yes that is me peaking around at the far left. :)
We spent the whole road trip reading Twilight...it was so good that we read it at the reunion and all the way home. Needless to say Richard is about to finish the third book and I am about to finish the second book. Thank you for all of the recommendations everyone!
The whole family at the lake! (minus the littlest--she went running off towards the water as soon as we got there)
About to go kayaking on bear lake...it was so fun!
Sun bathing on the beach while eating lunch
My sister and brother playing pool in the game room at the lodge
Playing pool together
Before the family pictures

haha he was hiding Twilight behind his back so it wouldn't be in the picture...

Here is the whole familyBefore my sisters went fourwheeling
During our four wheeling trip up into the mountains
Go mom and Dad!!
Getting ready to go river rafting down the Herber river

10 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm glad you guys liked the Twilight Series. There's also a series called "Uglies". Ranen hasn't read it but I did. It's not as - can't put it down constantly - as Twilight. But, there are still those moments. There's three books in the series "Uglies", "Pretties", and "Specials". It's more sci-fi then romance.

Lorrelle said...

McKenna...sooo cute! Quite a bit of our family have blogs so we have one now too....I havent seen your family in so long...could u tell me how to get a hold of your mom...I would love to say hello.
btw....beautiful wedding pict!
Lorrelle

Lorrelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard and McKenna said...

Lorelle!! Its been so long! you should add me to your blog (my email address is richrose05@gmail.com) so that I can see your adorable kids and your family!! here is my moms email address: cjonesholloway@hotmail.com. So good to hear from you!! :)

The Long Family said...

It was SO great to finally meet you and get to talk. You guys are so wonderful and sweet! I hope we will see you soon!!

Jenny and Travis said...

You guys are a super cute couple! You're going to have the cutest kids someday! It looks like you had an awesome trip. I'm totally jealous of all of the fun stuff you got to do--kayaking, swimming, 4-wheeling, rafting. =) Can't wait to hang out with you guys again in the fall! --Jenny

Jenny and Travis said...

P.S. u guys really do have great wedding pictures! --Jenny

Lorrelle said...

Ok...your in....sorry Jim wanted ours set to private...I think it's because he deals with all those crazy people...I sent an invite to your mom too

Jenny said...

It's so great to see your family (even if it's just pictures)! We sure miss them. Blogs are a fun way to "keep in touch".

Amanda said...

cute pictures! looks like you guys had a blast! i'll have to look into twilight, i've been looking for a good read..