Saturday, June 21, 2008

A wedding and a celebration!

We went to Richards cousins wedding this weekend and it was a blast to see all of his family again! The wedding was really pretty and I also found my dream home (where the wedding was). It was GORGEOUS! But the back yard was the best--it was on a beautiful lake. Washington really is the prettiest place ever. I didn't take many pictures because I was so busy socializing, but thats ok... :)

Also, on June 15th we celebrated three years since Richard proposed!! It was so much fun! We went to the store on Saturday night and bought stuff for a picnic after church (tried to replicate the picnic we brought when he proposed but didnt eat because we were so happy). Luckily it was a beautiful day and so right after church we rushed to the beach and walked to the place he proposed. It was still there and just as pretty! So heres the quick version of how he proposed: He had actually proposed unoffically (without the ring) about 2 weeks before, but he wanted to propose "for real" with the ring after it was sized. Anyways, he came over and asked whether I wanted to go to the river or the beach (we had special, secret places at both) and I chose the beach. So we walked down the beach to our secret spot (which was where we had gone to on a really fun, special date) and he had put 50 roses into the wall of the cliff, with rose petals all over the ground, and a really romantic letter in the middle. He had me read the letter and then got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Haha instead of saying yes, I was so excited that I said "of course!!" and then we giggled, took pictures and tried to eat our little picnic. It was such a romantic and wonderful day. It was so much fun to go back and look back on our relationship 3 years later as we are more happy and in love now.
On the way there--yes I am watching the road!
The place he proposed is in the forested area right behind me

Same place...3 years later!

I am so glad that I am married to my best friend ever (and it's so neat he still is my best friend)!! Haha I caught Richard in the middle of a bite! :) (top: now, bottom: then)

So three years ago he asked me to be his wife and we are now more happy and in love then when I said yes. I am so glad I have eternity to spend with him. (top: now, bottom: then)

Richard drinking our favorite drink ever
Joking around on our way back down the beach..
I love him.

Well I have a lot of other things to write about and update about, but I have a lot of things to do still. We have been super busy with our play (which is coming along REALLY well!!) and we are going to Utah for a family reunion tomorrow so my posts will have to wait. I have been tagged to put the most recent 10 pictures on my blog and I have been having a lot of fun doing that, but I will put them on here later!

Also, I wanted to wish my Dad a very happy (and belated) fathers day!! I am putting it here because I won't have a chance to do it until we get back, and doing it after would be too belated. He is such a wonderful Dad and I am so thankful for him. He gave me such a wonderful example of what a righteous priesthood holder should be. He set a wonderful example for me as well on what type of a person that I should be. He is such an amazing person and daddy. He taught me how to have and strengthen my own testimony through words and example and I am so thankful for the time he took (when he had so many other things to do) to implant and strengthen my love of the gospel.
I love you daddy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! When are you coming back? Brandon is doing a triathlon in August and Richard should see if he can still sign up...he could do awesome! It is Aug 16th and it takes about 2 hrs or so because it's a sprint triathlon. YAY!! oh yeah...I can't believe it's been a year either...my little girl is so big!

Miriam said...

HEY KENNA!!! THOSE PICS ARE SOOO FUNNY!!! i MISS YOU GUYS!! NOW THAT I GOT THIS BLOGGIN THING GOIN WE HAVE 2 SITES TO SCREAM our miss you desires on!! haha or somethin like that!!!