So I wrote in my last blog post that my body had been hurting and keeping up with Liam was making it worse (super low baby + always being on my feet=extra sore body). HA! She must have dropped over night, went through a huge growth spurt (gulp...) or something because my hips/lower back hurt SO much more! Richard is still finishing finals (2 MORE DAYS!!!) and will be gone all day and I can hardly walk or move, it looks like today will be our first movie day. I hate doing this. I hate not being productive. I hate not being able to clean my house. I hate letting my little man watch movies (we are the weird parents who usually don't let him watch movies at all so this is not normal) when we would rather be outside. I hate not being able to go outside with him. Poor little man. But this is what comes with creating life and although I hate not being productive and having to sit around, I LOVE growing our babies a million times more. Plus just 2 more days until Richard will be able to play with him and take him outside and all will be right in the world. But until then, I need something to do rather than just sit and watch Elmo with Liam.
I have been thinking about the quirky things I do, so I thought I would share for fun!
--When I have soup it has to be HOT! It's better that way because then it will be warm and yummy even up to your last bite, rather than cold.
--I hate fluorescent lights in houses. Those should be saved for doctors offices. So I never turn the one in our kitchen on. Richard might think I am a little crazy for that one... ;)
--Matching is HUGE to me and always has been. Ever since I was a little kid, my clothes and my things have to match. And not just similar "hues", but a perfect match. This is why my dream house will have black leather couches, stark white walls and then very colorful accents. That way the couches and the walls will match anything and everyone :) The symmetry of perfect matching is so beautiful to me (weird I know)
--I LOVE fruit! I would take a fruit dessert (like fruit sorbet or just a plain piece of fruit) any day over a doughnut or cake. mmm....--Water is so much better with ice cubes
--For me, a meal isn't complete without something "sweet" along side it or afterwards. Nothing too extreme. But like sweet corn as a side dish, fruit juice as a drink or something. We hardly have a dessert after dinner unless we are on a date. I mean just something small but sweet.
--I have a set routine that I do in the shower and it hardly ever changes.
--I also don't enjoy long showers. I like to do my thing and get out. I don't like how my skin feels when it gets dry and sticky from being under the water too long.
--I LOVE to be productive and get things done. The best days are always those where I get all the things on my to-do list done.
--For some reason, because of the above, I feel really guilty when I am not super productive (like today...) even if there is a good reason. I get this from my grandpa (jeeze, thanks)
--I HATE the sound and feeling of toliet paper, napkins or cotton balls being squished/rubbed together! It's like fingers on a chalk board to me and makes me cringe just thinking about it!
--I am such an extrovert and love being around people so much, that even when I am alone, I have to play music to feel like someone else is around. And I have been like that since I was a little girl!
--I have a (near) photographic memory. It was really nice during school because I could read the textbook a couple times, go into the test and then remember exactly what the pages in the book looked like and "copy" down the answer from the book! Probably the only reason I finished my bachelors degree with almost a 3.9 GPA
--I hate to be late to anything so when I am, it's pretty stressful for me
--I love to cook so much that a lot of times I just browse cooking blogs, reading their recipes for fun (nerd alert).
--I have wanted to live in England since I was a little girl. So much so that in every one of my games of pretend, I always had an English accent. I got pretty dang good at it :)
--I definitely function a lot better when the whole is totally clean. But seeing as we will have 2 kids really close together soon, I am sure I will have to get over that :)
![]() |
| Playing games with our friends outside a couple weeks ago |
After reading the list of some of my quirks I have come to a conclusion:
I am weird!
What are some of your quirks? I would love to hear I am not the only weird one :)
P.S. I hope you don't think that I am complaining about being pregnant. Because I really don't mean for it to come across like that. I just want to tell it like it is. As it should be, the last couple weeks of pregnancy when the baby gets HUGE (in my case), it definitely takes a toll on my body and is hard for me to think of anything else. Making a human sure is a lot of work! But the BEST and my favorite work out there!! :)


5 comments:
many of your quirks are my quirks :) especially the toilet paper/napkins/cotton balls!!!!! it drives me CRAZY!!!!
ha funny! When I eat cereal I pour the milk in first and then I pour just enough cereal in for few bites and continue doing that till my milk is gone. I hate soggy cereal! I didn't know that was weird til I married McKay.
Almost all of your quirks are like the opposite of mine. Go figure! I would rather eat something unhealthy than fruit, I can't match and don't really care if I don't, I only take long showers, I am a huge introvert and like my water room temperature. Being late however does bother me!
Haha. We are so alike. I also like something sweet right after a meal. I usually grab a piece of candy though. I don't like doughnuts, cake, or ice cream. I have three kids and I'm still just as obsessed with the house being clean as I have always been. The two oldest have chore charts they do everyday. I don't like using a mop - i have to do it by hand. There's so much more.. haha.
I can't believe how close you are to your due date. Sorry to hear you are hurting. ;( I loved hearing so many things about you and knowing most of them are true. ha ha You are not weird. In fact, you are one of my favorite people.
Post a Comment