This has been my mantra this past semester. I keep repeating it to myself over and over to remind myself, I can do it. But I won't lie; it's been the hardest semester yet. Yeah Richards classes are hard and he is gone all the time making me a school induced single mom, but this semester I went from 21 weeks to 34 weeks pregnant with #2. It started out fine, no problem. Sure, I missed Richard since he was gone all the time, but it was completely do-able. Then the 3rd trimester started, she got bigger, my body started to show the signs of being 7,8 then 8 1/2 months pregnant, she dropped r.e.a.l.l.y low and keeping up with Liam ALL on my own (minus the combined 2 hours when Richard was home for lunch and dinner) really started taking a toll. The last month it was ok. I could pull off cleaning the house before nap, going outside to play (aka: chasing Liam) for an hour, nap, running errands, making dinner and putting him to bed. By the end of the day, I definitely hurt a lot, but it was do-able. The past 2 weeks I have been able to do less and less before my body revolts my plans to be productive with aching/spreading hips, hurting feet, and all the other pain that comes with a super low baby. So much less in fact that the past week I can hardly get anything done (other than sitting) without wincing in pain. But I can't stop. I have a 17 month old to take care of. A very active one at that who loves to explore and run. And it's finals week so as much as Richard hates it, he will be able to help less (he has a test a day until Friday).
I can do hard things.
I just have to remind myself, that I can do this. I will make it this week, and we will survive :) This is just what comes with being 8 1/2 months (34 weeks) pregnant with a very active/explorative little 17 month old boy. I didn't hurt as much with Liam, but that's because I wasn't on my feet all day long (not even kidding). Plus I am even BIGGER THIS TIME!! I measured my belly around at the biggest point at 32 weeks and I am almost the same size as I was at 36 weeks!! So once again, no wonder I hurt. This is part of the sacrifice we make to bring amazing, sweet, and wonderful spirits into the world.
So while I slowly waddle, I hurt, I wince as I walk, and I feel like my body will break sometimes, I absolutely love it. I love growing our little princess, watching how much Liam already loves his sister (he loves to kiss and "hug" my belly), feeling her move, noticing how much she loves to be rubbed, feeling her sweet spirit, and getting giddy at the thought of another baby. Life isn't easy and perfect, (who ever said it would be?) but I honestly wouldn't change a thing, even when I wonder if I will make it through the day without my body giving up.
So until Friday, when the last final is taken and we have 7 blissful weeks with Richard (well, he will be studying for the DAT all day, but at least it will be less than 14 hours a day....), I will be repeating over and over again, as my body aches as I have to keep up with my precious little boy...
I can do hard things...
Because I have this silly, wonderful little boy by the side all day long
To cheer me up
hug and kiss me
and make me laugh.
And I have a perfect, amazing husband
who is working harder than anyone I have heard of to provide for us.
Whats better than that?
p.s. haha...he isn't possessed in that picture on the right! He was running at the camera while being silly and doing one of his most favorite thing ever: playing with little princess's clothes before bed.





2 comments:
I love this kenna. You are an amazing wife and mother and I've noticed your hard work and sacrifices this semester and I've also noticed how you haven't complained at all. I hope this week flies by and that you can party hard come friday!!! I'm excited for you guys to get some more time together: ) love you
Oh Kenna, I know how you are feeling. My hips were KILLING me when I was pregnant with Tori. Keeping up with a little one is hard work. Jack was my hardest. He dropped so low so early and my hips almost seperated. It is definitely worth it though. You're doing an amazing work!! Keep your spirits high, you'll see her soon!! :)
Post a Comment