Its nap time and instead of cleaning my house, I am sitting on my bum. At the computer. After last nights dinner disaster (aka: my white beans didn't soak as they should have, ruining the planned and delicious white bean chicken chili which made me resort to a would-have-been awesome Lemon Orzo salad but I replaced the Orzo with Quinoa...which I can't seem to master for some reason...and in adding salt to the boiling water added way too much and being too tired and hungry I didn't start over resulting in us hardly being able to finish it. End of story resulting in a very frustrated Kenna. Perfection in my cooking is a high priority for me so dinner failures are not pleasant) the last thing I wanted to do after all that confusion and time on my feet cooking was to clean the kitchen. So I put away the important things and went to bed. Unfortunately, it's still the same way it was last night. Today we ran errands all day and I haven't had a chance to tackle it. So what am I doing during the prime cleaning time?
Sitting on my bum.
But after all the errands, my body just boycotted my plan to completely clean my house (like I should) And instead, guess what I am doing? Researching DSLR camera body and lens of course! You shouldn't be surprised since that has been my life recently. I had made my decision but now I am second guessing myself. Now I am wondering if I should go with Canon instead of Nikon, or Nikons new D5100 instead of the D90, or get the 50mm f/1.8 lens instead of the 35mm f/1.8. Its killing me folks. I am already incredibly indecisive (I want to make the best decision possible!!) and so making a big decision like this just makes it worse.
I just wish and hope...
1. The second set of beans in 24 hours soak as they should
2. Somehow my house magically cleans itself OR my body cooperates
3. All photographers listed which camera and lens they used on their website (why all the secrecy??)
4. Richards test tonight goes well AND fast
5. Liam wakes up from his nap happy and despite cutting 2 molars (my poor sweet baby), sleeps through the night like he did last night (teething always seems to make him wake up once during the night with pain...makes me so sad!!)
6. This weekend will go incredibly slow
7. Our trip to best buy tomorrow will help me narrow down which camera I want to get
Ok I am getting up. My sweet little break is over and it's time to be productive...

2 comments:
I love the idea of the mommy diaries. It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one that suffers from "sitting on my bum when my house clearly is calling me to act". Last week Rhett kept on tearing up our newspapers and scattering everywhere. This made clean up annoying and it took me several days before I finally got the strength to complete the job.
1. Sometimes it's more important to have some sanity than a clean home, so don't feel bad at all. :)
2. Now that you mention it, I totally agree with you about the camera thing. Why all the secrecy anyway, right?? I mean, It's not the camera that has the talent, it's the photographer, so why not share?
3. I completely agree about sleeping babies. It is the sweetest thing ever to watch.
and 4. I love your new blog. It is refreshing and honest.
Post a Comment